CC Community Music Awards
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » a look at ccmixter.org podcast

a look at ccmixter.org podcast

Martin Cee (softmartin)
permalink   Tue, Dec 11, 2018 @ 2:22 PM
Hallo, second episode of the podcast just uploaded !

Episode 2

Best, Martin
Apoxode
permalink   Tue, Dec 11, 2018 @ 2:43 PM
Not bad! Great choices for songs — it was fun revisiting them. One thing to try is to raise the levels on your hosting bits — I did have a little trouble hearing some of it. Looking forward to #3
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Dec 17, 2018 @ 9:51 AM
Martin, I just discovered that you created a podcast. I just started listening to the first episode, and will soon return to it. Before I do, I had to say, I think this is fantastic! Keep it up. I love hearing your take on ccMixter and what it means for you.

permalink   Martin Cee (softmartin) Tue, Dec 18, 2018 @ 1:52 PM
Thank you ! Just uploaded the third episode here !
Best, Martin

permalink   SackJo22 Tue, Dec 18, 2018 @ 9:06 PM
I listen to all of the episodes so far, and look forward to the next one. I really enjoy listening. Your citations brought my attention to tracks I missed along the way. I appreciate how you explain the way that cc mixture works. I hope you keep it up!

permalink   Martin Cee (softmartin) Fri, Dec 21, 2018 @ 6:57 AM
Hi Sackjo, we are doing two more episodes for now.(Tuesday 25th Dec. and Jan 1st) If the fancy takes us and time permits, we may do another set in Spring.
Thanks & all the best, Martin
Apoxode
permalink   Wed, Dec 19, 2018 @ 6:52 PM
Hey, Martin! Just caught #3! Good choices for tracks. I’m eager to listen to #4 — I’d like to hear your take on remixing!

I have a question: are your podcasts copyrighted or public domain? I had trouble finding info about licensing. I’m asking because I wanted to sample you into a track here …

permalink   Martin Cee (softmartin) Thu, Dec 20, 2018 @ 3:09 AM
Thanks Apoxode, I checked the legal FAQ on the podcast site and have added a copyright note to the podcast description. What I want, and it seems to fit with the podcast.com conditions, is a CC BY-NC 3.0 license. ( Free for non commercial use with attribution) Intrigued to hear how you use this…Best, Martin

permalink   Apoxode Thu, Dec 20, 2018 @ 1:16 PM
Hey Martin, thanks for checking!
Martin Cee (softmartin)
permalink   Tue, Dec 25, 2018 @ 8:38 AM
EPISODE 4 has just been uploaded.Best, Martin
Martin Cee (softmartin)
permalink   Tue, Jan 1, 2019 @ 1:20 PM
Dear Mixters, we have just uploaded episode #5 of our podcast about ccmixter. Available here
All the best for the New Year ! Martin

permalink   SoboSystem Mon, Jan 7, 2019 @ 7:12 AM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Dear Mixters, we have just uploaded episode #5 of our podcast about ccmixter. Available here
All the best for the New Year ! Martin

Martin, I am up to episode 4 of your podcast. I enjoy your selections and your explanations. Very well done.

Is there an RSS feed for your podcast? I tried to search for it by name with Pockcasts and I couldn’t find it. Thanks.

permalink   Martin Cee (softmartin) Mon, Jan 7, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
Hi, the rss is
https://tinyurl.com/yaovksb5
it s on the left side panel,half way down. the search function at podcast.com doesn t make sense to me either.

and btw regarding searching the ccmixter site, I sometimes use the beta site and change the offset randomly ( multiple of 10)in the browser and hit enter eg.
http://beta.ccmixter.org/pe...

best,Martin
SoboSystem
permalink   Wed, Jan 2, 2019 @ 3:16 PM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Hallo, second episode of the podcast just uploaded !

Episode 2

Best, Martin

This is great! I have a CC Music podcast and this will give me a lot of ideas. I plan on a special CCMixter feature episode soon.

Thanks.

permalink   Martin Cee (softmartin) Thu, Jan 3, 2019 @ 2:54 AM
Hi Sobosystem, nice to hear. Could you post a link to your CC Music podcast ?

Best,
Martin

permalink   SoboSystem Thu, Jan 3, 2019 @ 4:24 AM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Hi Sobosystem, nice to hear. Could you post a link to your CC Music podcast ?

Best,
Martin

Sure - Here:
http://podsafemusic.libsyn....

I have about a dozen episodes lined up in various stages of completion.

permalink   Martin Cee (softmartin) Fri, Jan 4, 2019 @ 4:17 AM
Thanks, I heard # 3, nice selection. Next week, I travel to a strange city, so i am downloading more of your podcasts to hear there, best, Martin