Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » a look at ccmixter.org podcast

a look at ccmixter.org podcast

martinsea
permalink   Tue, Dec 11, 2018 @ 2:22 PM
Hallo, second episode of the podcast just uploaded !

Episode 2

Best, Martin
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Tue, Dec 11, 2018 @ 2:43 PM
Not bad! Great choices for songs — it was fun revisiting them. One thing to try is to raise the levels on your hosting bits — I did have a little trouble hearing some of it. Looking forward to #3
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Dec 17, 2018 @ 9:51 AM
Martin, I just discovered that you created a podcast. I just started listening to the first episode, and will soon return to it. Before I do, I had to say, I think this is fantastic! Keep it up. I love hearing your take on ccMixter and what it means for you.

permalink   martinsea Tue, Dec 18, 2018 @ 1:52 PM
Thank you ! Just uploaded the third episode here !
Best, Martin

permalink   SackJo22 Tue, Dec 18, 2018 @ 9:06 PM
I listen to all of the episodes so far, and look forward to the next one. I really enjoy listening. Your citations brought my attention to tracks I missed along the way. I appreciate how you explain the way that cc mixture works. I hope you keep it up!

permalink   martinsea Fri, Dec 21, 2018 @ 6:57 AM
Hi Sackjo, we are doing two more episodes for now.(Tuesday 25th Dec. and Jan 1st) If the fancy takes us and time permits, we may do another set in Spring.
Thanks & all the best, Martin
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Wed, Dec 19, 2018 @ 6:52 PM
Hey, Martin! Just caught #3! Good choices for tracks. I’m eager to listen to #4 — I’d like to hear your take on remixing!

I have a question: are your podcasts copyrighted or public domain? I had trouble finding info about licensing. I’m asking because I wanted to sample you into a track here …

permalink   martinsea Thu, Dec 20, 2018 @ 3:09 AM
Thanks Apoxode, I checked the legal FAQ on the podcast site and have added a copyright note to the podcast description. What I want, and it seems to fit with the podcast.com conditions, is a CC BY-NC 3.0 license. ( Free for non commercial use with attribution) Intrigued to hear how you use this…Best, Martin

permalink   Apoxode Thu, Dec 20, 2018 @ 1:16 PM
Hey Martin, thanks for checking!
martinsea
permalink   Tue, Dec 25, 2018 @ 8:38 AM
EPISODE 4 has just been uploaded.Best, Martin
martinsea
permalink   Tue, Jan 1, 2019 @ 1:20 PM
Dear Mixters, we have just uploaded episode #5 of our podcast about ccmixter. Available here
All the best for the New Year ! Martin

permalink   SoboSystem Mon, Jan 7, 2019 @ 7:12 AM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Dear Mixters, we have just uploaded episode #5 of our podcast about ccmixter. Available here
All the best for the New Year ! Martin

Martin, I am up to episode 4 of your podcast. I enjoy your selections and your explanations. Very well done.

Is there an RSS feed for your podcast? I tried to search for it by name with Pockcasts and I couldn’t find it. Thanks.

permalink   martinsea Mon, Jan 7, 2019 @ 10:42 AM
Hi, the rss is
https://tinyurl.com/yaovksb5
it s on the left side panel,half way down. the search function at podcast.com doesn t make sense to me either.

and btw regarding searching the ccmixter site, I sometimes use the beta site and change the offset randomly ( multiple of 10)in the browser and hit enter eg.
http://beta.ccmixter.org/pe...

best,Martin
SoboSystem
permalink   Wed, Jan 2, 2019 @ 3:16 PM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Hallo, second episode of the podcast just uploaded !

Episode 2

Best, Martin

This is great! I have a CC Music podcast and this will give me a lot of ideas. I plan on a special CCMixter feature episode soon.

Thanks.

permalink   martinsea Thu, Jan 3, 2019 @ 2:54 AM
Hi Sobosystem, nice to hear. Could you post a link to your CC Music podcast ?

Best,
Martin

permalink   SoboSystem Thu, Jan 3, 2019 @ 4:24 AM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Hi Sobosystem, nice to hear. Could you post a link to your CC Music podcast ?

Best,
Martin

Sure - Here:
http://podsafemusic.libsyn....

I have about a dozen episodes lined up in various stages of completion.

permalink   martinsea Fri, Jan 4, 2019 @ 4:17 AM
Thanks, I heard # 3, nice selection. Next week, I travel to a strange city, so i am downloading more of your podcasts to hear there, best, Martin
SoboSystem
permalink   Fri, Feb 1, 2019 @ 5:26 AM
Quote: Martin Cee (softmartin)Hallo, second episode of the podcast just uploaded !

Episode 2

Best, Martin

Martin,

Have you / would you consider uploading these to CCM as extended mix? I ask because I plan to do a CCM jazz sampler and I want to upload it as an extended mix. Thanks.

permalink   martinsea Sat, Feb 2, 2019 @ 9:21 AM
Hi sobosystem, no I didn t think about that, and would it make sense ? The ccmixter community know what ccmixter is about and there are thousands of playlists.We did the podcast to maybe reach other people and for the fun of it. We ha d around 160 plays between all of the episodes, but now it s tailed off. Best, Martin

permalink   SoboSystem Thu, Feb 7, 2019 @ 5:13 AM
Well, my thoughts are twofold. 1) That is what I think the extended mix option is for and 2) it might motivate others in the CCM to do something similar to promote the site. But it certainly is not necessary. Thanks.
martinsea
permalink   Fri, Jun 14, 2019 @ 7:16 AM
UPDATE : just to say the podcast has now been accessed just over 200 times. A big thank you to anyone who listened or forwarded it !
Best, Martin