Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Claims on you tybe: The (ab)use of cc music for copyrighted tracks?

Claims on you tybe: The (ab)use of cc music for copyrighted tracks?

meritcoba
permalink   Thu, Mar 17, 2016 @ 2:26 PM
I am sorry if this subject has been talked about before, but searching through a stack of posts hoping the find the right one daunts me.

My worry is this: I have now had two copyrights claims on youtube for movies that have cc music. In one case I have the suspicion that the claimant is filing on behalf of an artist who might have used cc music for his own fully copyrighted music.

Why do I think this?

Because the cc music is two years older than the copyright date for the music on which the claim is based.

The issue is now that the original creator, assuming it is the one who made the cc music, has to file a claim against the one fully copyrighting it for the claim against my movie to be lifted.

My real worry is that cc music might be in the future used for a fully copyrighted piece of music and then retroactively cause claims which can only be disputed by the original creator. But he or she might be unwilling to do so for various reasons.

Is this abuse possible and who is going to protect cc music from this if it is?

So what is to be done? Any suggestions are welcome.
victor
permalink   Sat, Apr 2, 2016 @ 8:34 AM
Sorry if no one has gotten back to you on this - if not, please use the ‘contact: site admin’ link at the bottom of this page to deal with YT content ID issues.