Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Kind request for advice

Kind request for advice

svatas
permalink   Mon, Feb 8, 2016 @ 3:39 PM
Dear all,

my name is Svatopluk (or you can call me Svata if you want as my “official” name is to hard to pronounce for foreigners) and I am from small country in the heart of Europe - from Czech Republic.

Maybe I will start with my story and the question or kind request for advice will be written later to those interested…

At the age of 6 I started with singing in a children choir. Singing was a part of my childhood and the biggest hobby. On the other hand it was so strange for many people - can you imagine, the boy who is singing? I was born in 1974 and when I started in a choir it was the year 1981. Maybe you know that my country was Czechoslovakia a former comunist country, member of the russian block. Singing was the way how to avoid the strict comunist regime and do something which was a passion to do. You know we were forced to go to some special ocassion held in that time singing some special comunistis songs. On the other hands we were able to sing baroque music in a church and many others valuable songs. Our choir was pretty good we were invited to many international contest across Europe and the rest of the world. This was the way we were able to go abroad without any special restrictions applied to the “normal” citizens - we were chosen to spread our “art” in the rest of the world representing our country.

In that time I was one of the two boys soloist in the choir. That means that I have some experience with recording in a radio or in TV as a member of a choir or as a soloist. I was not the real “mass” superstar but local celebrity :)

When I grow up I finished my solo carier and was just part of the mixed choir. We were singing in choir composed of some 12 to 16 persons. An it was in the early 90’s. Then I started my professional carrier as an IT (now I am working for a big international company - as an IT Manager with a local branch in Prague). I suddenly nearly finished my active singing. Once a year in my hometown I participate in a special concerts during Christmas.

As my second biggest hobby is IT and open source philosophy (happy user of Linux for many years) I discovered ccmixter.dot some time ago. I love the community and music produced by it even I can not actively take part in it. Just listen. I also mentioned this community in many articles I have written for some linux magazines. And I am proud of it.

If you were so brave and have read to this point you can see the core of my kind request. This year we will celebrate 15 years anniversary of marriage with my wife. As a great and happy husband I am thinking about some present to that special occasion. I know that my wife knows neraly nothing about my singing carrier. I was thinking about special gift for her - a song sing by me. As I do not have any contact to some recording studio (or did not started to look for it yet) I am contactign you in a community.

Is there somebody who will be interested in mixing my voice into some special anniversary song? Isn’t this too complicated to make it happen? Could it be possible to provide e.g. one pella and get more styles remixes? Am I a big dreamer to ask for thing like this? I do not have too much to offer this is my biggest limit.

Please answer this topic with any opinion upon this. This just first contact with a community to ask for a kind advice.

I will be more than glad to answer to anybody asking for anything on that special (at least for me) topic.

P.S. : I am sorry for mistakes in my previous post. Sometimes I am not sure as English is not my mother language…
Tunes
permalink   Fri, Feb 12, 2016 @ 7:43 PM
Svatopluk,

You should just post a pell of the song you want to sing to her. Then message people who do things you like and see if they wouldn’t mind taking a shot at something with your pell.

Action begets action.

Don’t worry about your english. I understood everything you said. ;-)

Tips for enticing people to use your pell:
Post tempo it was recorded at, the key, and the time signature. Helpful things to include:
a count off at the beginning, a dry pell. (No reverb or effects like chorus or delays. If you like them you can include them but at least have one dry sample. I also like to hear how the original pell was used in it’s original song too.

Many here don’t follow any of these guidelines and they still get remixed. In my experience I often hear things I would love to use but the submitter used reverb or delays which restrict how I can use a piece. So I end up moving on to look for something else.

I could work with the pells that have reverb and delay by removing the effects with a plug-in but they take 2nd place to a pristine, clean audio quality recorded vocal because I don’t have to mess with them, I can just start working.

That’s my 2 cents. I hope it helps.

“Tunes”

permalink   Speck Sat, Feb 13, 2016 @ 8:17 AM
All good advice.

Hey, have you actually found a plug-in that can remove reverb? I’ve looked for one to no avail.

permalink   Tunes Sat, Feb 13, 2016 @ 10:33 PM
Quote: SpeckAll good advice.

Hey, have you actually found a plug-in that can remove reverb? I’ve looked for one to no avail.

You will want this one…
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/audio-repair/rx/

permalink   Speck Sun, Feb 14, 2016 @ 3:44 AM
Thanks, I’ll look into it.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Fri, Feb 12, 2016 @ 10:02 PM
Upload your vocal and I’m sure someone will remix it. Here’s more on how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Pz6ey-5G8

Thanks for sharing your story.

permalink   Tunes Sat, Feb 13, 2016 @ 10:44 PM
Quote: snowflake Here’s more on how: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Pz6ey-5G8
….

Ah! A Youtube channel. Better than a FAQ!