Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » New Feature: NSFW

New Feature: NSFW

victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 12, 2006 @ 4:53 PM
Many people like to listen to ccMixter streams at work and many workplaces have extremely strict rules about what is considered "appropriate"

In order to make sure that our music gets to as many people as possible and get the least amount of them into "trouble" inadvertently we’ve implemented a new option on the song properties page called ‘NSFW’ (Not safe for work’) based on the popular Internet culture slang:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wik...

If you think you have uploads that fit this category, it would be a great favor to everybody if you marked them NSFW. Just go to the uploads page and click on the ‘Edit’ link. (If you don’t see the option, scroll down a little.)

Thanks,
VS
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Feb 12, 2006 @ 5:26 PM
does this mean said upload doesn’t make it into the radio streams?
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Feb 12, 2006 @ 5:31 PM
if so… I gather people should be making radio edits of material so that it can be streamed?
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 12, 2006 @ 6:05 PM
Filtering of radio streams are coming and this will probably included in it. Other filters will be based on ratings, dates, etc. but for now the only affect on marking something nsfw will be to display that in the listings.
shagrugge
permalink   Sun, Feb 12, 2006 @ 7:40 PM
Apparently once you set NSFW you can’t remove it. I resubmitted a radio edit of my track but couldn’t take off the NSFW properties so I had to delete the track and upload again.
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 12, 2006 @ 8:57 PM
sorry about that, should be fixed now
zotz
permalink   Mon, Feb 13, 2006 @ 7:38 AM
Quote: if so… I gather people should be making radio edits of material so that it can be streamed?

If you do make radio edits, it will make it easier for people to get your stuff on the air if you have any interest in that sort of thing.

(Just saves some hassle with the production guys having to make their own "radio edits" of your stuff.)

all the best,

drew