Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Notice of Action To Remove Creative Commons Licensed Material

Notice of Action To Remove Creative Commons Licensed Material

panu
permalink   Fri, Jul 25, 2014 @ 12:41 AM
NOTICE OF ACTION TO REMOVE CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSED MATERIAL

Video producer Manny Arquette a/k/a ‘writersam123’ is hereby directed to remove any and all videos on ‘youtube Music’ and elsewhere using Creative Commons licensed material by Mark Bass a/k/a ‘panu’ for the following reasons:

1. Attribution does not comply with Creative Commons guidelines, i.e. use of the words ‘feat. Panu’ does not constitute attribution.

2. Use of Creative Commons licensed material is presented in an illegal/unfavorable manner by combining it with copyright protected film footage and a musical soundtrack unrelated to the original material by virtue of key signature or genre, and for which use Manny Arquette a/k/a ‘writersam123’ does not possess express written permission of the copyright holder.

Manny Arquette and ‘youtube Music’ are directed to cease use of the aforementioned Creative Commons licensed material immediately. Failure to comply will result in further legal action by the copyright holder.

Witnessed 7/25/2014
panu
permalink   Sun, Jul 27, 2014 @ 6:48 AM
To update this thread, I’ve gotten a response from Manny Arquette saying he can’t understand why I’ve initiated this action but that he will remove all videos using my Creative Commons licensed material from youtube Music. Unfortunately the email address he’s used is not a working email account.

I’ve also heard from youtube conflict resolution agreeing to remove five videos using my original music. Unfortunately, it’s necessary with youtube to flag and submit a copyright infringement form for each individual video in question.

My plan is to pursue this issue over time, as I have the time, to remove all videos by Manny Arquette from youtube & elsewhere. He has used pellas by many ccM artists in the same way and you can access these vids by entering ‘Manny Arquette’ in the youtube Music search box.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Jul 27, 2014 @ 10:38 AM
Thank you Panu. I had some communication with Manny a while back for improper attribution but it seems like all he did was stop using my source material. I did some spot checking at one time and did see that he had properly attributed a couple of times (with links on his youtube page as well as credit in the videos themselves) — however, I did not look at all of his videos. He is a prolific user of ccmixter content. It makes sense to have more than one pair of eyes checking this out. I certainly encourage anyone else who discovers that their source has been used in this way to take action, and to let us know.