skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » GIFT OF SONG -- Annual Holiday Remix Event

GIFT OF SONG -- Annual Holiday Remix Event

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Nov 14, 2012 @ 2:58 PM
GIFT OF SONG
ccMixter’s Annual Holiday Remix Event

It is with much delight that we announce ccMixter’s latest holiday remix event as we approach the season of gratitude and giving. In the spirit of sharing that characterizes our community and the heart of cc-licensed work, the Gift of Song is intended to celebrate the gift that music brings!

ccMixter is establishing an annual tradition of hosting remix events focused on holiday themes which are in turn curated for release. Past events include Peace of Winter, and last year’s collaborative event with Jamendo, The Best Time of the Year, is in the process of being prepared for release later this month. As in the past, tracks from the Gift of Song event will be curated as an album release.

Samples and pells should be uploaded by November 30 to give them plenty of time to be remixed. Although, you are free to upload samples and pells beyond that date.

We will accept submissions for this event through through the end of the year, although, please feel free to start uploading as soon as you are ready! Submissions uploaded prior to December 9 will likely be included in podcasts, curations and videos created for this year’s holiday season.

Gift of Song Pells, Samples & Remixes….
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Nov 14, 2012 @ 3:08 PM
One of my favorite things about ccMixter holiday projects is the diversity of types of music we co-create — winter, Solstice, New Year, Christmas, Hanukkah, peace, or any other reason to celebrate during this season. Harmony through diversity.

Gotta go get into writing mode……

permalink   IDzeroNo Thu, Nov 15, 2012 @ 5:55 AM
Do I upload as normal are do I just submit to These?

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Nov 15, 2012 @ 8:15 AM
Use the Gift of Song upload forms when you submit. :)

permalink   economix Sun, Nov 25, 2012 @ 6:17 AM
I took an Indonesian friend to the mosque last year during ramadan. The imam spoke nothing but arabic and his congregation were a cosmopolitan bunch who spoke no english. They broke their fast silently, in the traditional way with warm date loaf. The occassion was marked with mimed comradery, gratitude and many laughs. Within the bridges crossing our diversity are stones of many shapes. That day the verses, of course, were sung…
My Free Mickey
permalink   Fri, Nov 16, 2012 @ 8:16 PM
Wait, I think I got I got the whole thing wrong. The event is aimed primarily at a calm cozy mood?
like Christmas songs or “looking out the window at a snowy landscape” music. Chill relaxed sound to listen with your family.

So heavy, fat drum and bass sound completely misses the intention or meaning of the event?

permalink   Admiral Bob Wed, Nov 21, 2012 @ 1:12 PM
We never have rules on what you should do with your music.
stellarartwars
permalink   Mon, Nov 19, 2012 @ 9:01 PM
Here’s some lyrics for a reflective Christmas song.

all i’m looking for this christmas
is an answer to a little prayer
that the masquerade for once be lifted
so we can see what’s really there
the time before we knew everything
or so our simple minds had thought
the time before these souls of ours
could easily be sold and bought

and jesus in the manger
from the heavens to the earth he came
to us battle scarred and weary adults
so we could be children again

our egos and our silly habits
the jealousy of hate and war
could we forget it all for a moment?
and open up our hearts a little more
in the darkness and cold of winter
may all us catch a glimpse of light
just like that christmas long ago
when soldiers joined in silent night

permalink   Numeron Tue, Nov 20, 2012 @ 11:45 PM
Nice lyrics

permalink   Javolenus Sat, Nov 24, 2012 @ 2:57 AM
Excellent—well said!

permalink   economix Sun, Nov 25, 2012 @ 5:57 AM
I have uploaded a rough pell at http://ccmixter.org/files/e... ONLY so other vocalists will be inspired to improve on my attempt.

permalink   stellarartwars Sun, Nov 25, 2012 @ 12:19 PM
Quote: economixI have uploaded a rough pell at http://ccmixter.org/files/e... ONLY so other vocalists will be inspired to improve on my attempt.

thank you
tacet
permalink   Wed, Nov 28, 2012 @ 2:23 PM
Nice. At last! A channel in which to vent my pent up seasonal affective disorder! :D
Abstract Audio
permalink   Thu, Nov 29, 2012 @ 1:23 PM
Is it ok to include a christmass pell from ‘tis is the season as a remix source?

remix