Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Mixing ,editing ,cutting,pasting.production

Mixing ,editing ,cutting,pasting.production

Steven M Bryant
permalink   Tue, Jun 26, 2012 @ 9:00 AM
Just wanted to say..I think maybe some here have gotten carried away a smidgeon. All the things mentioned in the topic heading are great when putting together a song. I also think there is too much emphasis put on these things. A song should have a simple catchy melody and a story! In the long run its what the listener thinks..Nothing else….Peace
Joel Frijters
permalink   Tue, Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:37 PM
I think that this is the beauty of this site. There are some that produce perfectly simple tracks and others that produce magestic masterworks from hundreds of pieces. While not every track is magical the quality remains high and the attitudes remain positive because we are a supportive and progressive (in the truest sense of the word) community. In the end I hope that all possibilities of music are explored to their fullest extent here; simple, complex and everything in between :-)
Cheers!

permalink   Steven M Bryant Tue, Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:52 PM
I agree with you and it is a great thing about the site. I am always amazed at the way a song can keep getting transformed. I guess what I am saying is the average Listener or fan does not have the knowledge of music that most here do and Couldn’t care less…lol..I have an open mind and totally believe in exploring All possibilities. I wish all here would post all the stems to their music. I don’t have the skills most of you do and the possibilities of what I do here are limited.
Abstract Audio
permalink   Tue, Jun 26, 2012 @ 1:59 PM
For me its half the fun :)

And I always like to help people where I can with my knowledge

permalink   Steven M Bryant Tue, Jun 26, 2012 @ 5:11 PM
I’m afraid I am hopeless man…Just a singer songwriter / musician. I find a lot of music here that turns me on and then go to download and it is that version and no other. No Stems..Nothing…That part sucks for me…I mean at least post the instrumental…lol…I think maybe me going in and changing the lyrics vocals and melodies could possibly piss some people off..At least that is the feeling I get sometimes…Peace

permalink   AT Tue, Jun 26, 2012 @ 8:59 PM
I have to say that I have never encountered nor even worried about people being pissed off about altering melodies/vocals/stems. Ive always got the feeling that people are more than happy to have others play around with samples no matter how creative that playing around may be. I think most of the time if someone hasn’t uploaded stems its usually just a question of asking and they will

permalink   Steven M Bryant Wed, Jun 27, 2012 @ 1:09 AM
I guess that problem is in my head then lol. I appreciate the information.

permalink   Abstract Audio Wed, Jun 27, 2012 @ 10:11 AM
Feel free to ask me or anybody on this site for instrumentals, stems or samples. I have never had a no on that question.

I stopped uploading stems because mine were rarely used. Instead I publish sample packs that are frequently used.

Don’t be scared around here we are not evil ;)

permalink   Steven M Bryant Wed, Jun 27, 2012 @ 4:16 PM
I just hate asking. I have in the past and it was just as you said. Sorry to bother you.I have some issues pressing and will have to back out of music for a while. I just hope I haven’t made anyone mad doing what I have done.Replacing peoples lyrics and melodies with my own. This was all I was able to do as I don’t know how to cut paste loop…Too old to learn now…lol. Take care..had fun here for a little while.
Admiral Bob
permalink   Thu, Jun 28, 2012 @ 6:33 AM
In my view there’s no such thing as a bad way to do things.

You can do a piece straight… like an old folk song. Or you can do a piece chopped up like a spanish onion. I’ve heard some glorious Ed Picks on ccMixter that are extremely one or the other.

There’s no one right way to do it, in my opinion. Good music comes in all shapes and sizes.

And the beauty of ccMixter is its ability to give us an “all of the above” take on it. We don’t have to choose, as there are artists that do both, and every shade of grey between!

permalink   Steven M Bryant Thu, Jun 28, 2012 @ 8:40 PM
Bob..I think I will just lay it out there…A mixter told me I insulted Snowflake. If I have I am very sorry.. Not my intention I assure you all…Each work I have chosen to write too..speaks to me..I can edit out a vocal and melody in my mind not with a machine. The music speaks to me and tells me what to say..So if this is not insulting anyone..I’ll let it rip! I have heard many great lyrics here..Ciggi..Kara..Emily..And you yourself Bob to name a few…I still firmly believe the weight of the words outweigh the weight of the mix most of the time..Hope I said that right…I mess up words when speaking but I sometimes get them right in song…lol

permalink   Admiral Bob Fri, Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:49 AM
What, you mean “Love Came to Mind?”

Geez, honestly Steve, I’ve remixed snowflake over 30 times, and I don’t think I’ve ever honoured her more than you did with that.

If someone told you that, they don’t know what they’re talking about. :-P

permalink   Numeron Mon, Jul 2, 2012 @ 11:16 AM
Quote: Admiral BobWhat, you mean “Love Came to Mind?”

Geez, honestly Steve, I’ve remixed snowflake over 30 times, and I don’t think I’ve ever honoured her more than you did with that.

If someone told you that, they don’t know what they’re talking about. :-P

I agree, that’s just crazy if someone said that - it’s completely against the spirit of ccMixter too.

Ignore the comment Steve and keep on trucking - and I mean musically! ‘Love Came to Mind’ is like a classic Bob Seger track, great stuff. And Snowflake loved it too - really, what else matters?!
Kara Square
permalink   Fri, Jun 29, 2012 @ 12:41 PM
Intriguing conversation here… For what it’s worth, if anyone has a problem with the way you use the stems here, perhaps it is because you’re doing remixes in a different way than most folks. The unfamiliar is scary! :) Further, I would just talk to (email) whomever may have been offended… explain your good intentions. Personally, I’d love you to grab the ukulele stems from my love songs and record a new melody and lyric! That’s why I posted them in the first place! To me, it’s a BLAST to hear what someone does with the stems on this site… even it is to edit me out!