Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » The culture being born through open sharing.

The culture being born through open sharing.

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Apr 2, 2012 @ 10:17 AM
The experience I’ve had at ccMixter over the last several years has given me a deep understanding of where and how artistic culture thrives. Sharing our sound creations with each other openly is something we are used to on the site, but not many outside of ccMixter have experienced this. We have something very special here. It is a living example of how sharing within non-hierarchical structures can thrive and create whole new worlds where everyone is unique, expressive and able to participate freely.

I am hopeful that what is happening in the world as a global uprising will follow a similar path. I see many connections and symmetrical ideas being called for as I walk across America with OccupyWalkUSA. I draw heavily from my ccMixter experiences as I share ideas with those I meet along the way. Often I talk about how creative commons culture plays a crucial role in reclaiming individual rights and freedoms. I would not be able to do this without the understanding ccMixter provides.

We are uniquely qualified to explain the benefits of an open sharing culture and I encourage everyone here at ccMixter to share the experience and expand it into other aspects of your lives. The world is asking for it right now. Share it!

I’ll be recording from the road and uploading whenever possible. Soon I hope to record a new Hook podcast about this topic. If you have ideas, questions I should ask, etc. Please post here.

Thank you so much ccMixter!
Jason
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Tue, Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:26 PM
“May the wind always be at your back and the sun upon your face. And may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.”
-George Jung

Be safe Jason. Looking forward to following your adventure. Fly on!

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Apr 3, 2012 @ 8:23 PM
I’m definitely missing Jason and his music here while he’s gone, but adding a ditto to the same quote that you’ve shared above (thanks MCJBox!). This is a time of positive evolution, and ccM is certainly one of the most vibrant examples of this anywhere in the world right now, don’t ya think? :)
Joel Frijters
permalink   Wed, Apr 4, 2012 @ 3:55 AM
The times when the artistic community unites are magical indeed. My advice and/or ideas are two-fold; for the people you meet simple ask for their ‘jumping off place’ a story from when they leap out into the world. It not only sparks their emotional memories but it shines a light on their artistic soul in what makes them truly unique! My advice for you comes in the form of a quote by Jane Austen; “Run mad as often as you wish but do not faint” :-) enjoy the journey my friend!
Cheers!