Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Amazing.

Amazing.

teru
permalink   Sun, Oct 2, 2005 @ 6:42 PM
Songs from DJ Shadow’s Endtroducing played by a High School band(real instruments). Large video file but really cool. : )

http://musicthing.blogspot....
victor
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2005 @ 1:43 AM
Postcard from Nice:

I saw this about a minute before I left for my trip and wanted to post here because I think it actually signifies something really important:

I’ve been trying to say for a long time that remixing and composing are actually the same thing. At the core of Prof. Lessig’s arguments for relaxing the restrictions of endless-all-rights-reserved art lock-up is that no art was ever created ‘from nothing’ — all art steals, er, builds upon, what came before. Remixing is a technology, the process already has a name: ‘composing’

I don’t know a lot about a lot of things but I think I have a handle on what ‘composing’ is and what ‘remixing’ is. I also have witnessed both ‘camps’ completely misunderstand what the other does. I’m here to tell you that ALL ART IS REMIXING and ALL REMIXING IS COMPOSING.

The group in the video takes another step at proving my point.

Bon nuit,
VS
cinematrik
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2005 @ 7:41 AM
I totally agree Vic -

All music is a remix of something else. Just look at the history of classical music and it’s plain to see that they all were taking each other’s ideas and then putting their own spin on them - music composition is at it’s core a conversation with lots of other people & “remixing” is just a more direct way of looking at it. In fact there’s lots of classical compositions that “quote” other pieces directly - just with notes on the page instead of wav files.

Tim
teru
permalink   Wed, Oct 5, 2005 @ 2:23 PM
I just had to say it. That is THE crappiest postcard I have ever seen. I mean comm’on what you’d have for dinner?

Take it easy Victor. ; )
victor
permalink   Fri, Oct 7, 2005 @ 8:06 AM
rien n’est nouveau

VS

(and I had street pizza because I got tire of being disapointed at restaruants — this is probably cultural heresy but I think the food is better in Berekely)
cdk
permalink   Sun, Oct 9, 2005 @ 1:59 PM
when i heard shadow, i had to check it out…..
awesome…