Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Video Remix type thing- Reactable- 14 months work so far

Video Remix type thing- Reactable- 14 months work so far

Surveillance_Party
permalink   Mon, Oct 10, 2011 @ 7:18 PM
Hi guys,
I’ve been a member of this site for ages now. Id like to share this instrument and song I’ve made. Its a reactable. Have a look at me performing it. I want to make it available to remix- although in a way it IS a remix already!

This video is licensed under Creative Commons so have at it if you like. And perhaps if I can find an appropriate place to put just the wav file I will.

-Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watc...
Subliminal
permalink   Tue, Oct 11, 2011 @ 8:41 AM
I have watched and listened this morning and I thought that looked (and sounded) pretty cool. Did you also write the software that is used?

permalink   Surveillance_Party Tue, Oct 11, 2011 @ 10:33 PM
Thanks for watching!

I’m hoping that if enough people see it- I might run into a dj or a live graphics artist who I can collaborate with - So if there’s anyone who you think might like it, please pass it on.

There are three programs involved here.

1. Reactivision (open source program) takes the feed from a webcam and spite out numbers.

2. Pure Data. Another open source program, similar to Max MSP. I wrote a patch inside Pure Data that organizes all the information sent by Reactivision, then sends it on to…

3. Ableton Live where the music gets made.

So the only thing I actually wrote was the patch in Pure Data. But it still took me twelve months to write it! I’m sure a coder could do it very quickly though.

Hopefully that makes sense?

permalink   Subliminal Wed, Oct 12, 2011 @ 8:34 AM
Thanks for the info. Sounds very interesting. And my compliments. It may have taken you twelve months (and I don’t know if that’s really long or not), but the end result is great. Unfortunately, I don’t know any dj’s or live graphic artists. Here’s me hoping that a lot of people will watch it and maybe can be of more help.