Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » post EMERGENCE

post EMERGENCE

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Feb 20, 2011 @ 10:07 AM
The ccMixter community has once again demonstrated that it is a unique place, virtually and really, for the development of new music and new ways of creating that music.

I want to share with everyone the power of feeling that emerged at Artlab this weekend, which is actually a bit of challenge as it was quite profound. Despite the rare rainstorm that came to San Diego this weekend, the space was filled with the heat of bodies mingling in the narrow hallway lined with art — images that were challenging, beautiful, thoughtful, diverse. The sound in the gallery was warm as voices and music intermingled. There was live music all night performed by local musicans. There was food and wine and spirits. There was a tea shaman who provided quiet respite.

Our sonic installation played throughout. People were interested in hearing about ccMixter — what we do, how we do it. And they were excited. Intrigued. Pleased.

I had the opportunity to speak with many people, to explain to them directly about ccMixter and how we approach the creation of music, and our development as artists. The reception was invariably positive — people think ccMixter and what we do is remarkable.

I hope to provide more details later but HEJ31 and I need to hit to road to return home after a spectacular experience in San Diego at Artlab.

Spinningmerkaba has been uploading video from the event. He’ll post links here shortly.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Feb 21, 2011 @ 9:08 PM
Great to be with you this weekend Sackjo22!

At the ArtLab Lounge, anyone can experience online the combination of art and sound the ccMixter community and the ArtLab community created. Videos, podcasts, and a streaming playlist of every mix recieved during the Emergence event—It’s all there.

Have fun!
SM
debbizo
permalink   Sat, Feb 26, 2011 @ 4:12 PM
Thank you for sharing this. It has been great to watch the video clips and feel part of it. Is there any information online about the DVD?