Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Christmas songs wanted

Christmas songs wanted

musikpirat
permalink   Mon, Nov 15, 2010 @ 10:32 PM
Hi there!

I’m currently looking for christmas songs for this years creative christmas calendar. I already have a few - but I need 24. :) If you have songs that might fit, please give me a hint. Would be a shame if I miss something. :)

Christian
Admiral Bob
permalink   Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 7:04 AM

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 12:56 PM
That one is taken!
Subliminal
permalink   Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 8:03 AM
Or what about this? Also featuring the dear Admiral.

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 12:59 PM
I have to give that one a second try. On the first listening I’ve been always waiting for something to come - but it didn’t. :)
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 8:35 AM
MC Jack in the Box did a killer version of Silent Night last holiday season featuring a number of ccMixter voices. Also, as a community we created a number of holiday tracks for the Peace of Winter project spearheaded by Snowflake. You can search “peace of winter” or visit Snowflake’s playlist page where she curated a number of the tracks into various playlists.

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 12:57 PM
That songs is great. No idea why I haven’t featured it last year - but it’s on my christmas playlist. :)

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Nov 17, 2010 @ 8:13 AM
If you visit the forum post regarding the Peace of Winter project you will find links to the entire Peace of Winter playlist, including links to pells and remixes.

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Nov 17, 2010 @ 9:48 PM
Quote: SackJo22If you visit the forum post regarding the Peace of Winter project you will find links to the entire Peace of Winter playlist, including links to pells and remixes.

I’ll give it another try. :)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 9:29 AM
search ‘christmas’ or ‘holiday’ at dig.ccmixter

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 12:58 PM
That task is on my list… But I like to get some additional input so that I do not miss great tracks. :)
Blake
permalink   Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 2:50 PM
I have a Christmas hip-hop instrumental? Or are they going to be traditional Christmas songs?

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Nov 16, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
We take everything. :)

permalink   Blake Wed, Nov 17, 2010 @ 12:34 PM
where should i upload?

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Nov 17, 2010 @ 9:49 PM
Quote: Covertwhere should i upload?

ccmixter.org :) Or you use my soundcloud dropbox.

permalink   Blake Thu, Nov 18, 2010 @ 1:13 PM
ok thanks!

permalink   Blake Fri, Nov 19, 2010 @ 1:01 PM
here is what i have http://ccmixter.org/files/b...

I’t not sure if its what you’re looking for, but why not try :)

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Dec 8, 2010 @ 11:19 AM
Nice beat. Someone should add lyrics. :)

Found this great track from february:
http://ccmixter.org/files/b...
Clarence Simpson
permalink   Wed, Nov 17, 2010 @ 2:13 PM
I made an arrangement of “We Three Kings” for solo acoustic guitar a little while back. There’s a video of me playing it on YouTube.

I know the audio quality in that video is lousy. I’ve been meaning to do a high quality audio recording of it now that I have a decent microphone… so if it’s something you are interested in, that might be my motivation to break down and record a nice version of it. :)

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Nov 17, 2010 @ 9:52 PM
I’m definitivly interested. :)

permalink   Clarence Simpson Tue, Nov 23, 2010 @ 9:01 AM
Hey, just recorded this and submitted it here:

http://ccmixter.org/files/c...
thedegraders
permalink   Wed, Dec 21, 2011 @ 6:21 AM
The Degraders has a brand new xmas song called, Christmas Twist, that you can hear at:
www.TheDegraders.comQuote: musikpiratHi there!

I’m currently looking for christmas songs for this years creative christmas calendar. I already have a few - but I need 24. :) If you have songs that might fit, please give me a hint. Would be a shame if I miss something. :)

Christian

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Dec 21, 2011 @ 6:34 AM
Myspace… *brr* Can’t you upload it at soundcloud or post it together with the stems here?