Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » SUMMER 2010 SECRET MIXTER

SUMMER 2010 SECRET MIXTER

SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, May 24, 2010 @ 12:20 PM
We hope you’ll join in the summer fun as we launch the ”Poolside Secret Mixter” to celebrate the beginning of summer (June 21 in the northern hemisphere) with a splash! Sign up by June 5th as secret mixter assignments go out on June 6. Upload day is set for June 20 — just in time for the first day of summer!

A newcomer to the Secret Mixter event? You can learn about this swell mix-up party, where you mix a mixter and a mixter mixes you, by visiting the FAQ here.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, May 24, 2010 @ 3:37 PM
Can’t believe it is already time for another Secret Mixter. Each one has created some of the finest music ever made in the Commons (IMHO). Looking forward to my assignment :)
bigbonobo
permalink   Wed, Jun 2, 2010 @ 4:47 AM
Participating to the “surgery side personnal mixter”, I can’t join U !!

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Jun 2, 2010 @ 8:45 AM
We will certainly miss you! Good luck and best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.
Abstract Audio
permalink   Fri, Jun 4, 2010 @ 11:59 AM
It’s gonna be my first time! I’m glad that i’m just in time
kthugha
permalink   Fri, Jun 4, 2010 @ 3:26 PM
Okay, I have a question. I have a significant amount of music I have written which I would like to make available to ccmixter as remix material. However, on the “upload” page it says “do not submit fully mixed tracks.” This dashed my expectations, as I was thinking I would upload a fully mixed track with a scad of stems as remix material - is this not appropriate?

permalink   SackJo22 Fri, Jun 4, 2010 @ 3:28 PM
If you upload the track as a sample and include the stems that would be fine — stems are always good!

permalink   kthugha Fri, Jun 4, 2010 @ 3:34 PM
thanks for the clarification - i thought that was the case, but i didn’t want to do anything unseemly…
kthugha
permalink   Fri, Jun 4, 2010 @ 4:46 PM
i wanted to give props to the pic used for this ccmixter event, i love that pic of the innertubes on the water - where did it come from?

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jun 6, 2010 @ 12:52 PM
The link to the artists flicker page is here. Ian’s flicker page is also attributed underneath Poolside image on ccMixter’s hompage, but not to the actual picture. The artist’s site is worth a visit! Glad you like the shot selection.

I am thinking about adding “poolside sercret mixter” in a cool font to the original—what do you think? I’ll post it soon so you can see.
copperhead
permalink   Sun, Jun 6, 2010 @ 10:09 AM
If you draw me in the pool party mixter and need some stems uploaded for some remixes that I did just ask away and I can put them up for you :).
As soon as I dry off of course.

permalink   SackJo22 Sun, Jun 6, 2010 @ 2:12 PM
I encourage you to just go ahead and upload some stems. If your secret mixter e-mailed you and asked you to upload some stems, then the secret mixter would no longer be much of a secret! :-)

permalink   copperhead Sun, Jun 6, 2010 @ 2:18 PM
I thought I read somewhere you mix someone and they remix you DOH! I believe I have plenty of stems up :)
vo1k1
permalink   Sun, Jun 6, 2010 @ 11:34 AM
Have the assignments gone out? I just checked my inbox and spam folder! I’m ready to go! :)

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jun 6, 2010 @ 12:43 PM
Your assignment should now be in your inbox. So—Cannonballs away!—or just stick your toe in to see how it feels ;-)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sat, Jun 19, 2010 @ 9:54 PM
We’re two hours away from the start of uploads! Can’t wait to hear them!

permalink   SackJo22 Sat, Jun 19, 2010 @ 9:55 PM
I can’t wait!

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jun 19, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
Too bad the site is on Cali time… I’d like to go to bed. :)

permalink   SackJo22 Sat, Jun 19, 2010 @ 10:29 PM
When you wake up in the morning, the party will still be in full swing!

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Jun 20, 2010 @ 12:07 AM
Uploaded. That was fun.

OK, I’m going to bed now.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Jun 20, 2010 @ 8:43 AM
Once again, I am just blown away and pleasentaly impressed by the quality of music that this community creates!!! Wow!!! The secret mixter most certainly brings out the best in everybody!!! Congratulations to all!!!

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Jun 21, 2010 @ 6:15 AM
It was an amazing day of listens and I’m still not done. There isn’t much that isn’t blowing me away. When I think of the effort that must have gone into some of these, and the quality that resulted…. it is truly mindblowing.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Jun 23, 2010 @ 9:26 AM
I’m diggin’ how the poolside remix playlist is still jumping around like it’s alive—it means the community is listening! I haven’t listened to anything else for the last few days! Still chillin’ poolside—in my mind and heart at least ;-)