Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Mixes Not Playing

Mixes Not Playing

essesq
permalink   Sun, Mar 21, 2010 @ 12:42 PM
Hi all. I can’t get mixes to play. When I hit the play button it appears to load the file but then says done without actually doing anything. I’m on a Mac using Firefox. Has the player config been changed recently? It’s not telling me I need any new software or that there’s anything going wrong. Thanks in advance.
victor
permalink   Sun, Mar 21, 2010 @ 1:44 PM
nothing has changed in the player code or config.

This is what’s happening behind the scenes:

- first, we look for Flash(tm) installed as a plugin. If it is, then when you hit the ‘play’ button you should see a little volume slider popup and sound comes out.

- if you don’t have Flash(tm) installed as a browser plugin, then hitting the ‘play’ button will invoke the browser’s default application for playing mp3 (mpu) files over the internet. On a mac this is typically QuickTime.

Both cases depend on your machine and browser’s config to be setup properly to host Flash(tm) or play music.

VS

permalink   essesq Sun, Mar 21, 2010 @ 2:25 PM
Thank you. After reading the word browser a few times in your reply I remembered that I chose to blow off a request to update my Firefox a few days ago. I just updated and now the files play :-). I had never had a problem like that before.

Nice to see you about again. Hope this is a sign that you are feeling better.