Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » dig.ccMixter.org

dig.ccMixter.org

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Wed, Mar 17, 2010 @ 11:25 PM
I am honored to introduce dig.ccmixter.org — the new site providing a streamlined way to search for music at ccMixter.

Victor, in partnership with Michael Gregoire (of BlocSonic), has created what I think is an attractive site with a clean interface and neat features, and I’ve been really impressed with all the work they’ve done. dig.ccMixter provides a direct way for folks to discover that certain song (with the appropriate license) to include in a podcast, feature in their YouTube video, playlist for their house party…well, you get the idea.

There are callouts on the homepage and in the Search window that will take you to dig.ccmixter.org. Try it out and let us know what you think, or if you experience any issues.

A special thanks to Victor and Michael — you guys rock.
mGee
permalink   Thu, Mar 18, 2010 @ 6:44 AM
Thanks to ATM for the opportunity.

For IE users - we’re aware of the bugs in IE 7 and we’ll be attending to them in the coming days.

Thanks
Mike Gregoire
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Thu, Mar 18, 2010 @ 12:32 PM
Great job Michael & Victor!

permalink   ScOmBer Thu, Mar 18, 2010 @ 3:18 PM
This new site certainly makes it easier to search across the archive!
ccM is all about variety and accessibility and this works a treat.
Well done guys

permalink   mGee Fri, Mar 19, 2010 @ 10:59 AM
Thanks guys.
mGee
permalink   Fri, Mar 19, 2010 @ 11:00 AM
IE 7 & 8 users should have a better experience now. If you come across any issues, don’t hesitate to let me know.
vo1k1
permalink   Fri, Mar 19, 2010 @ 3:51 PM
This is really fantastic. The existing UI caters well to the content producer/remixer. This one is an outstanding step for the content consumer.

permalink   victor Fri, Mar 19, 2010 @ 6:41 PM
thanks man - I had an idea what had to be done, but not the ability to do it. Enter mGee (Michael@BlocSonic) who did the whole look and interaction.