Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » Converting podcast mp3 into song mp3?

Converting podcast mp3 into song mp3?

vo1k1
permalink   Mon, Jan 18, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
The great majority of my ccmixter listening is on an ipod. First, I subscribe to a bunch of ccmixter feeds via itunes. And then have playlists setup to shuffle between all the songs.

The problem: when I come across “keepers”, I want to add them to my mp3 collection. However, when I locate the mp3 file and add, itunes insists on identifying it as a podcast.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way of turning a ccmixter mp3 that was downloaded as a podcast into a mp3 recognized as a song?

Thanks!
ScOmBer
permalink   Mon, Jan 18, 2010 @ 10:12 PM
I have sympathy with you Vo1k1, I think its a function of Apple keeping their products so “locked down” and closed that you have no choice other than using itunes in all its clunky glory.
I have another problem with the ipod (more specifically the iphone).
Mobile Safari cannot download or stream from a regular upload page anymore (without itunes)
What frustrates me is that it used to work perfectly; whether or not is a phone OS update or just the stupid fight between Adobe and Apple (by not supporting flash).
Who knows?

permalink   vo1k1 Tue, Jan 19, 2010 @ 7:47 AM
After a smidgen of research - it looks like I have to remove some ID tag within the mp3 that itunes uses to identify it as a “podcast”. Then I can use the mp3 as I would any other “song”. There must be an easier way…

permalink   Internal Faith Relation Sat, Jan 30, 2010 @ 12:45 PM
Ive done the same thing, however, I use a smart playlist that has all the ccMixter stuff in it. That way, I can just select everything in the playlist and change form podcast to mp3 file at once. Kind of a pain though, but it makes it more tolerable than doing them one by one.