Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Some tags have been "lost"

Some tags have been "lost"

victor
permalink   Sun, Dec 27, 2009 @ 9:25 PM
I’m afraid to report that some number of uploads no longer have some tags. I accidentally deleted a whole swath of them earlier today. I recovered a large amount of them but I’m pretty sure some are just gone.

There are 7,000 individual tags and 100,000s of assignments - at the worst, I had dropped about 2% of the assignments but as I said, I recovered most of them from back-ups from yesterday morning and early November.

I wish I could be more detailed about the exact extend of the damage (this was me being careless, btw) but I’m not sure it matters.

There is an upside to this because I’m working on making the music on the site a whole lot easier to find - this was just a little glitch in the road.

Sorry about that - I owe you all una cervesa.
victor
permalink   Tue, Dec 29, 2009 @ 7:25 AM
OK, I think we are just about recovered and it looks like we should be back up to the way we were.

Again, I am really sorry about anybody who lost some tags (the site suffers when it’s hard to find your music!) but as far as I know we are back to par.

Thanks again for everybody’s patience.
Snowflake
admin
permalink   Tue, Dec 29, 2009 @ 8:48 AM
Thanks for the update Victor. Wouldn’t it be great, for all of us here at ccM to share cervesa together?