Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Help » log-in name vs profile name

log-in name vs profile name

Speck
permalink   Sun, May 10, 2009 @ 8:59 AM
I just created an account and am wondering why the log-in name (which I don’t like now) appears in parentheses after the profile name. Can I do something to make the log-in name not appear? Should I delete this account and start over? If I do delete this account and start over how do I assure that only the profile name will appear on the profile? By making the log-in name and the profile name the same? And by the way there doesn’t seem to be a ‘delete account’ option on the Edit Your Profile page, so how does one delete a profile?
victor
permalink   Sun, May 10, 2009 @ 9:38 AM
about two weeks we started showing the login name along side the ‘display name’ upon request. I kind of thought it was a good idea because it’s the login name that forms the URL to the profile page.

If folks find it all that objectionable I can certainly undo it.

Any admin can delete your account if that’s what you want to do. Once you start uploading, reviewing, making playlists (posting to this forum), etc. then all that will be lost when you delete the account. And no, there is no way to change the login name. I tried it once and it confused me and the code.

Thanks,
VS
Speck
permalink   Fri, Aug 14, 2009 @ 5:25 AM
Thanks. Oddly enough I just now (three months later) got an email notification that there was a reply to my post (the same day). Yes, I had my notifications set for it from the beginning. Anyway that’s not a complaint (just thought it odd and interesting) and that’s not why I’m replying. Just wanted to say thanks, and that I went ahead and changed my profile name to my log-in name (three months ago) and I now like it that way. Also thanks for the site in general. I’m enjoying it very much.