Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » How to use 'Share' and 'Publicize' (Bookmarking and Embedding)

How to use 'Share' and 'Publicize' (Bookmarking and Embedding)

victor
permalink   Tue, Jun 3, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
Whenever you see a group of images that look like

This means you can Share or Publicize the thing(s) you are currently looking. (For geeks: Share means Bookmark, Publicize means Embed.)

We currently support Sharing and Publicize for uploads, people’s profiles and playlists.

If you click on those images you are taken to a screen that will allow you to:

- Use a “social bookmarking” site like delicious, Digg, or Yahoo! etc. to share the page or playlist

or

- Embed a set of uploads into your blog or MySpace page formatted to your choosing, including in a Flash (tm) player. If you’ve ever used YouTube’s ‘embed’ feature, this is the same thing except instead of a video, you would get a list of links to uploads or a Flash music player, etc.
blooflame
permalink   Wed, May 27, 2009 @ 8:29 PM
Is there a tool for FaceBook? I can’t find it on the Share page. I’ve been doing ‘download this page’, copying the link location of the MP3, and placing it as a link on FB.

permalink   victor Thu, May 28, 2009 @ 4:23 PM
we’re still waiting for someone to step up and write one ;) We’re an Open Source project so we’ll take any working code.

in the meantime keep plugging the way you’re doing it. Thanks!
benhungto
permalink   Fri, Sep 26, 2014 @ 9:15 PM
and tool for Google+ please

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Sep 27, 2014 @ 8:17 PM
we’ll add to the list of new features to develop :)

permalink   jonthoang Sun, Aug 19, 2018 @ 11:12 PM
Quote: benhungtoand tool for Google+ please
Oh yeah
crutonic
permalink   Mon, Jan 26, 2015 @ 6:15 PM
I’m trying to embed the attribution info into the video description on my YouTube video but get this error message:

“Brackets aren’t allowed in your description.”

Is there a work around for this? Should I just use the link to the artist’s page on CCmixter?

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Jan 30, 2015 @ 10:50 AM
Hi there. Yes, youtube won’t allow brackets. That embed is for a regular webpage. Simply attribute like this:

Song Title by Artist Name
URL of song you’re using on ccMixter
license type (CC BY OR CC BY NC)