Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Magnatune contest uploads

Magnatune contest uploads

admin
permalink   Fri, Jun 3, 2005 @ 5:55 AM
Just a reminder- Magnatune contest uploads start on the 15th of June. It’s only a couple more days away so sit tight. Even if you’re not interested in the contest, you will not be able to "attribute" the original artist until the 15th so please wait until the changes have been made. Thanks : )
Gautch
permalink   Sat, Jun 4, 2005 @ 8:24 AM
I have about 119 samples id like to upload for the next contest, but i can’t figure out how to upload my "Sample Library" to ccmixter.org

Does any one know how i can submit a Sample Library?

-Gautch
teru
permalink   Sat, Jun 4, 2005 @ 9:06 AM
Wow.

Unfortunately the rules state that contestants cannot use samples from the existing Mixter library, so in all honesty, submitting your samples for the contest may complicate things.

If you do decide to upload them. My suggestion would be to break them up into 20 samples or so and then Zip ‘em. Still you’re going to end up with 6 groups. That might be too much. It’d be interesting to know what kind of samples we’re talking about here.

Maybe start with one group(of 20) to see if people use them first and then add the other groups later. Submitting them as a bank of 119 samples IMO is a bad idea. I know I wouldn’t go flipping through that many samples at one time. Having more samples is always great but they need to be easy to use too.

I hope this helps. Look forward to hearing some : )
victor
permalink   Sat, Jun 4, 2005 @ 9:18 AM
yea unfortunately there’s no license that could work:

attribution — you won’t get any

non-commercial - the winners end up on a commercial release and Magnatune won’t pay you

sampling - Magnatune licenses work to directors who sync the music to film and use it in advertisement (both prohibited by sampling lic.)

share-alike - impossible since none of the above will work.

the best thing I can think of to do is upload it to the archive.org (or your own site) under public domain or some other license where you waive ALL rights just for the contest. (but this last part is me playing lawyer on the internet so that’s worth questioning)

Make sure to follow up with us to let us know what you decide or if you have more questions

Peace,
Victor
Gautch
permalink   Sat, Jun 4, 2005 @ 2:13 PM
I guess the word "Sample", might not have been the correct word. all 119 are loops i created from scratch. Ill look into breaking them up, i think i can split them up by BPM.

Teru, thanks again for you help.
victor, ill look into archive.org.

Tonight ill post a few loops so you all can hear a few.
Gautch
permalink   Sun, Jun 12, 2005 @ 3:15 PM
All i have when i log in is "Submit a Remix", is there a way i can just post an original track?
teru
permalink   Sun, Jun 12, 2005 @ 3:30 PM
I’m assuming, not for the contest. ; )

I’ve heard that there is a throttle in place which limits the number of original tracks.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jun 13, 2005 @ 11:14 AM
yea, CC Mixter is a remix site and you haven’t uploaded any remixes and no one has remixed any of your stuff — yet.

Make sense?

Victor
Gautch
permalink   Mon, Jun 13, 2005 @ 2:13 PM
Yeh it makes total sense. Its all good guys! Il just have to weigh in on the remixing. heh Thanks!
BUNNIES GONE BAD
permalink   Thu, Jun 16, 2005 @ 1:15 AM
Quote: yea, CC Mixter is a remix site and you haven’t uploaded any remixes and no one has remixed any of your stuff — yet.

Make sense?

Victor

Hey Victor,

can you explain this better to me. I really don’t understand. E.g. So far I have only posted two remixes and other two remixes will be uploaded soon. But I wanted also to submit some of my original work. What are exactly the limitations you are speaking about?

Thanks
George
victor
permalink   Thu, Jun 16, 2005 @ 6:21 AM
Read this:

http://ccmixter.org/forum/v...

if that still doesn’t make sense let me know and I’ll try to clear it up.

Peace,
Victor
VynilRob
permalink   Wed, Jun 29, 2005 @ 5:23 PM
Is there an e-mail address I can use to upload it via AOL or Yahoo?