Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » DJ Mixes with CC media

DJ Mixes with CC media

frikk
permalink   Sun, Feb 4, 2007 @ 12:30 PM
I’m a DJ and I’m going to make a few mixes with CC songs that are on ccMixter. These won’t (at least right now or without permission) be used in public performances. There is some hot songs on here and I’d like to help expose ccMixter as a great resource for finding “free” material. Is there a method for uploading mixes (I sampled this…) or would I just host it myself and post here in the forum.

Another question I would have is this: If i wanted to do a ‘public performance’ what kind of license would I look for? Also - does “non commercial” mean I could or could not do a free mix in public, or are these separate issues?
victor
permalink   Sun, Feb 4, 2007 @ 2:00 PM
hey frikk, you can post whatever like from here on the web as long as you give proper credit (attribution). If you upload here we have a mechanism for doing that during the upload process. Just keep in mind that we have a 10MB limit for uploads so if it’s a large-ish dj set you can just link to it here at the forums.

regarding some of the questions they seem touch of legality issues that we’re not equipped to handle here. Check out here where folks are hanging out waiting for questions like this.

Thanks,
VS

permalink   frikk Mon, Feb 19, 2007 @ 3:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. Does that mean that I am unable to use the ‘I sampled this’ for submitting a mix that will not be hosted by ccMixter?

Thanks,
Blaine

permalink   victor Mon, Feb 19, 2007 @ 3:32 PM
we’re not taking fully mixed tracks right now that don’t sample something from the site or one of the sample pools as discussed here.

permalink   frikk Tue, Feb 20, 2007 @ 6:43 AM
I understand that - I guess i only included a song in a mix set, not created my own remix. I’ll just make a new thread.

Thanks!
Blaine