Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Transitions between hip-hop and electronica?

Transitions between hip-hop and electronica?

frikk
permalink   Thu, Jan 18, 2007 @ 7:57 AM
Do you guys know of any compilations for genre transitions? Something like a track that’ll take a 85bpm track up to a 130bpm track and vice versa. I’d love to throw some creative commoned songs into my mixes - especially for these transitions.

If you’re wondering: I’m making a pre-recorded mix for a dance. I’m jumping genres quite a bit to make everyone happy - but I don’t want to just do backspins or cuts. I’d like a fluid transition.
victor
permalink   Thu, Jan 18, 2007 @ 11:55 AM
now that’s a cool request — there’s a couple producers here who could easily roll some of those ( shagrugge comes first to mind)

permalink   frikk Thu, Jan 18, 2007 @ 12:32 PM
Quote: fourstonesnow that’s a cool request — there’s a couple producers here who could easily roll some of those (shagrugge comes first to mind)

Thanks man - I’d love to see something like this take off. Hell - I’d even like to do it myself, but I’m not up to par in the digital composing arena.

Even a song with a breaks outro that doesn’t have a tempo that you could bring a slower or faster beat into underneath it. Like a synth or vocal or something like that.