Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Tempo Tools

Tempo Tools

Pat Chilla The Beat Gorilla
permalink   Wed, Nov 15, 2006 @ 12:57 AM
I ran across this calculator on the web and thought it would be cool for people who may be having a little trouble syncing vocals to new tempos. It also helps me to be lazy and not have to slice up wave loops into rex files, too.

While it won’t help you figure out the tempo of a loop, it will help you to sync it to another tempo or pitch.

Calculator
PorchCat
permalink   Sat, Nov 18, 2006 @ 7:14 AM
Wondefully useful! Thanks!!!

*meow*
DJ BLUE
permalink   Tue, Nov 21, 2006 @ 12:40 AM
Very cool. Thanks for the pointer, Pat.

-BLUE
Grizzly616
permalink   Mon, Jan 8, 2007 @ 1:39 PM
Well, i know better for you guys:

(edit by victor: linked removed because it pointed to malware)

It even has a button you can tap the rythm on and tells you the actual BPM you’re tapping, extremely useful!

by the way, if any of you can tell me where to get a FREE time stretcher program, please let me know…
Grizzly616
permalink   Mon, Jan 8, 2007 @ 1:40 PM
and by the way, why does all these forum engines have a different system for linkin’ ???? dammit.

permalink   victor Mon, Jan 8, 2007 @ 3:38 PM
if you don’t like something you can always, you know, ask to have it changed. meanwhile, we followed the model used by the most popular forums out there (as used by millions of users) for adding links with a single line of instruction as a helper/reminder: “Select text and use the buttons to apply format”

If that’s too confusing we’re always open to suggestions on how to make the site better. dammit.

VS

permalink   Grizzly616 Tue, Jan 9, 2007 @ 1:17 PM
Sorry about that, i didn’t mean to be rude, you get it all wrong. I thought it would be working like that, and I don’t like that, i got a little upset, but hey the page is cool, and i learned a lesson about posting links here. :) but this is all OFF here, so really sorry.

permalink   victor Tue, Jan 9, 2007 @ 2:06 PM
hey np, I myself forgot the ;)
;)
gurdonark
permalink   Mon, Feb 12, 2007 @ 5:42 PM
I am never happy with either my software’s remix agent or with having to do the math myself, so this is a really useful thing.
frikk
permalink   Mon, Feb 19, 2007 @ 3:23 PM
Pat - I used a song of yours in a mix that I made. It wasn’t for profit or anything like that. I’m trying to figure out how to submit it so that it shows up under the ‘I sampled this’ - right now its a long mix at 1:40, so its WAY too big to upload. Anyway if you’d like to check it out (its deep lounge mix): http://musicv2.com/artist/d...

Its in the first ten minutes of the mix - “Virtual Freak”

Thanks!
Blaine

PS: if for any reason you are not cool with any of this let me know. Like I said - I made no money off of this mix in any way - so I figured you wouldn’t mind me plugging your music.

permalink   frikk Mon, Feb 19, 2007 @ 3:25 PM
I mention it in this thread since I’m not sure how else to contact you.

Blaine

permalink   victor Mon, Feb 19, 2007 @ 3:44 PM
it’s the [email contact] link on pat’s page (you get to by clicking on his name or avatar)