Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Synergy between cc and pandora.com (Music Genome Project)?

Synergy between cc and pandora.com (Music Genome Project)?

Ran Dumb Dots...... .. .
permalink   Thu, May 25, 2006 @ 2:33 PM
I listen to Pandora (powered by the Music Genome Project) at work sometimes. It has probably already been considered, but… It seems like there might be an opportunity to get cc music into the mix and, by doing that, expose a large new audience to music with cc licenses. Is there anything (discussions) happening already in this direction?

Some questions that come to mind…
- What body of work would you point the Music Genome raters at?
- How does the idea of freely open remixing of pellas (e.g. 35 different mixes of Lisa’s Cuckoo) play into their whole schema?
- Are there reasons pandora.com would not like the idea of including cc music because their sponsors would not agree (probably)?

There’s a town hall for Pandora in Seattle next week at the Experience Music Project, and my wife & kids happen to be out of town, so I’m thinking of going.

Thx….. .. .
gurdonark
permalink   Thu, May 25, 2006 @ 5:36 PM
I like Pandora. I’d love to see more CC on it.

Quote: I listen to Pandora (powered by the Music Genome Project) at work sometimes. it has probably already been considered, but… it seems like there might be an opportunity to get cc music into the mix and, by doing that, expose a large new audience to music with cc licenses. is there anything (discussions) happening already in this direction?

some questions that come to mind…
- what body of work would you point the music genome raters at?
- how does the idea of freely open remixing of pellas (e.g. 35 different mixes of lisa’s cuckoo) play into their whole schema?
- are there reasons pandora.com would not like the idea of including cc music because their sponsors would not agree (probably)?

there’s a town hall for pandora in seattle next week at the experience music project, and my wife & kids happen to be out of town, so i’m thinking of going.

thx….. .. .