Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Best of 2019 (Spin's Picks)

Best of 2019 (Spin's Picks)

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Dec 23, 2019 @ 11:15 PM

Playlist: Best of 2019 (Spin’s Picks)

Obviously a “Best of” list is subjective to the listener(s) and in this case the listener, me. With that said, I am compiling a list of my favorite remixes trom this year because it’s fun and because I find a lot of new music along the way What makes the list is varied, somewhat random, and completely spontaneious at first pick. Then after I listen to all the remixes uploaded in the year, I go back for another listen and cull the next round from tho first round.

If you like to see the list eveolve, comment on me picks amd make suggestions, post here and listen by following the playlist link above.

We received a lot of great remixes this year. Listen to my favs here, or create your own and share it!

2020 here we come!
Jason
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Dec 31, 2019 @ 9:41 PM
Wow, 2019 was a fantastic year of remixing here at the world famous ccMixter!

After listening to all the remixes that came in over the last 12 months, I have a better Perspective of the Enduring nature of our community of talented artists.

This year was the year of Starfrosh’s Cold Ears, Mickey Burnz’s Secrets of Egypt, Section_808’s Drunk Txt and singerevita ‘s Your Own LIfe. This was the year Texas Radio Fish, Zep Hurme and Siobhan Dakay all dominated the scene with consistently solid remixes. Not to mention Apoxode, septahelix and Speck would be a mistake as they ruled the experimental genre with mind altering contributions.

Of course this year saw solid gold mixes and pells from ccMixter legends Snowflake, Kara Square, Sackjo22, Loveshadow, J.Lang and Panu. And Scomber, wow, what a clear signal coming up from down under! From all over the world, there are so many more artists than I will mention here, and all of them made 2019 a year to remember.

I hope you enjoy this playlist of my favorite remixes and I hope it inspires you to create your own Best of playlist, and share it with the world.

2020, here we come! May the momentum continue on and on and on.

permalink   Apoxode Wed, Jan 1, 2020 @ 12:21 PM
Happy New Year, spinningmerkaba!

Thank you so much for including me in your “Best of 2019” playlist.
Also, thank you for your kind words, I appreciate your support :)

I hope the best for you in 2020!
Apoxode

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, Jan 1, 2020 @ 12:53 PM
Keep blowing our minds Apoxode! You add so much to what’s going on here. Really the thanks is to you, you deserve it and so much more!

2020 here we come!
Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Jan 2, 2020 @ 1:24 PM
Ummm… dude… this is AWESOME! Thank you for the ear candy! It really is incredible to hear the creativity and quality of music our community created in 2019. And thank you for the super kind words and inclusion. I feel honored to be part of the mix.

I’m looking forward to collaborating with everyone in 2020! ROCK ON!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Jan 3, 2020 @ 4:39 PM
We’re all part of the mix, and you’re a integral part of making this site rock on multiple levels!

Love what you bring! Keep bringin’ it!
texasradiofish
permalink   Wed, Jan 15, 2020 @ 7:36 PM
Clearly a labor of love!