Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Help » take down track and licencing

take down track and licencing

Platinum Butterfly
permalink   Wed, Oct 21, 2015 @ 7:09 AM
How does it work when i take down some of my tracks? Those tracks are chosen by my label for being published in a new remix without the stems of others from ccmixter. How far is it illegal to use my own tracks once published on ccmixter, but not anymore without containing material from others for commercial publishing?

anyone an answer to this?
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Wed, Oct 21, 2015 @ 11:03 AM
You retain the rights to your work at all times which means you can release it through your label, sell it, give it away, etc. Removing the tracks means they are no longer available for download, but the license at the time they were shared remains intact. Any reuse of your tracks in a video, podcast, remix etc. that has been released is still bound by the terms of the creative commons license. If you delete tracks from ccMixter, any track backs and links will be lost which other users are required to include per the terms of the license agreement. If you want to retain links and trackbacks, you should unpublish the tracks instead of deleting them. This way the record of use remains in the system, but they are no longer available to download and share.