Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Royalty Free Instrumental Karaoke Backing List

Royalty Free Instrumental Karaoke Backing List

economix
permalink   Sat, Dec 29, 2012 @ 7:12 PM
This is a list for artists to plug royalty free songs made and licensed to share in commercial karaoke, theatre or media. Enterprise is bound to follow coptright law, even if the masses ignore ownership, as they embrace musical commons. Some people like me just want to sing, can’t read music, can’t play an instrument, but listen to musical commons and want to support them. This list aims to make selection easier. Post your qualifying show stoppers here !

CRITERIA
ATTRIBUTION grows the fame of musical CCreators - this list is an award to recognize generosity.
SHARE ALIKE is suitable
NON_COMMERCIAL license not suitable.
NO DERIVATIVES license not suitable.(since the nature of karaoke is commercial and derivative)
Seperate complete instrumental track preferred. Stems which can be assembled into a backing track may also qualify.
A strong melody line is preffered to help singers not familiar with the track. I can feel a bouncing ball video coming up…

“Best Chritmas Yet” by Stellar Art Wars
“Day Late and a Dollar Short” by Steve Bryant
“Straight to the light” by Snowflake
“Have you ever” by Breezeless (not ccmixter) hilariously bad english.
“Inertia” by Josh Woodward (not ccmixter)
“Waves of Grace” by Scomber - I haven’t managed to replicate his mix but the stems are there.
“Free Music Free Beer” by Admiral Bob
“Harmony” remix versions off the scale.
“Give it up” by snowflake.
“God rest ye merry instrumental” by copperhead.
“Greensleeves” on mutopia http://www.mutopiaproject.o...
economix
permalink   Sat, Dec 29, 2012 @ 9:05 PM
“Put the needle down” by admiral bob
economix
permalink   Sat, Dec 29, 2012 @ 9:12 PM
extensive list public domain mostly christmas carols http://www.karaoke-version....
economix
permalink   Sun, Dec 30, 2012 @ 11:15 PM
Jungle Love (Whole Album off ccmixter) by Luc J. Kanis
economix
permalink   Wed, May 29, 2013 @ 9:05 AM
Just about everything by Josh Woodward is offered as instrumental. www.joshwoodward.com
Enough for a whole bunch of broadway musicals.
economix
permalink   Wed, May 29, 2013 @ 9:07 AM
Jana Fisher has released an instrumental version of ‘Fairytale’ to me on the same license CC-BY-SA but not my place to post it here.