Branching Out Secret Mixter Remixes!
skip
Home » Forums » Help » is it a bug?

is it a bug?

gurdonark
permalink   Fri, Sep 2, 2005 @ 9:37 PM
Hi all:

I like the new ccmixter2, which seems to me to have cool features. But even when I am logged in, when I hit review, it asks me to log in again. That would be cool, frankly, but then nothing happens, and I don’t get a chance to do the review at all.

I am hesitant to call anything a bug, because I am apt to have merely done something wrong. But has anyone else had this experience, or know the “fix”?
victor
permalink   Sat, Sep 3, 2005 @ 4:30 AM
That’s a bug no question — unfortunately I’m on the road for the next few days so I can’t look into it thoroughly until then. In the meantime make double sure that you don’t have any restrictions on the type of cookies this site is allowed to set in your browser.

VS
gurdonark
permalink   Sat, Sep 3, 2005 @ 4:34 AM
Quote: That’s a bug no question — unfortunately I’m on the road for the next few days so I can’t look into it thoroughly until then. In the meantime make double sure that you don’t have any restrictions on the type of cookies this site is allowed to set in your browser.

VS

Thanks, Victor. It’s an inconsistent effect, which does make me wonder about filters or cookies at my end, but it seems to occur when I am logged in automatically, seek to enter a review, and then get the “log in” screen. When I enter the “log in” information, it just gives me the log in screen again, but the upper right corner tells me I am logged in.

I finally got my reviews up, so it’s no effect on me, but when you are back in pocket, it might be worth seeing if you can duplicate.
victor
permalink   Wed, Sep 7, 2005 @ 12:15 PM
If by ‘filters’ you mean cookie washing security stuff then yea, that could very well be an issue since we are playing some “tricks” on our end to get the forums and upload parts of the site to stay in sync with regards to who is logged in.

If you can ever get a repeatable version of the re-login behavoir definitely let us know.

VS