Deep Roots Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Images and Sound: "Butterflies of North Texas"

Images and Sound: "Butterflies of North Texas"

gurdonark
permalink   Sat, Jul 24, 2010 @ 7:16 PM
Tonight I released a Collection of Creative Commons images and sounds called “Butterflies of North Texas”.

You can find it here:

http://fluttersongs.blogspo...

Influenced by a suggestion from mixter Lucas Gonze, I decided to release this collection via an “album page”. The collection features six images of local butterflies, with an instrumental to go with each image. My intention was to create a page that is not just a visual experience, nor just an aural experience, but a blend of the two.

I released under a Creative Commons BY license, because I believe in th power of sharing, as do so many of us here.

The resulting collection features direct, close-up images of butterflies accompanied by gentle, minimal melodic electronica, jazz-tinged in its influences if not in
its execution.

As can be the case with my music, I adopted a sound whose tonality and melodic approach does not necessarily scream out “butterfly”.

I loved conceiving and putting ths collection together. This kind of simple music-making appeals to me. I hope you enjoy it—and perhaps even use it—also.