Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Mastering S.O.S. Help

Mastering S.O.S. Help

Budapest BluesBoy
permalink   Tue, Jul 26, 2005 @ 1:03 PM
I have very hard problems with the mastering. Can help me somebody? I use Reason 3.0, Adobe Audition 1.5 & Frutty Loops Stusio 5. Just the proffesional solutions please! Thanx
deutscheunschuld
permalink   Tue, Jul 26, 2005 @ 4:01 PM
i`m sorry, i donĀ“t use any of these programs……but if you try google and search for " mastering tutorial" you`ll find several tutorials giving basic hints and tricks which you surely can reproduce with your programs. and if you want to spend some money……there are some books for audition and also video tutorials……
Budapest BluesBoy
permalink   Tue, Jul 26, 2005 @ 4:55 PM
Thanx DU.
victor
permalink   Tue, Jul 26, 2005 @ 6:39 PM
professional mastering will cost you — the host doesn’t really matter because pro mastering is about the plugins

www.waves.com (C4,reneassaince, L1 Maximizer, et.al)

should do the trick.

Peace,
Victor
Budapest BluesBoy
permalink   Tue, Jul 26, 2005 @ 8:40 PM
thanx Grandmasta…
L
permalink   Thu, Jul 28, 2005 @ 8:11 PM
You might also look up T-Racks and Ozone.
They are good all in 1 mastering suites, Pro mastering is still an artform, but you can some good sounds out of the stuff previously mentioned above, and these 2 suites.
victor
permalink   Thu, Jul 28, 2005 @ 9:32 PM
yea ozone is a monster and a lot cheaper than waves.

the downside is that I haven’t ever had enough processing power to have it sit inline with the rest of the mix like in say ACID or FL and it completely chokes Live.

I think they have a good demo version so you can test it before committing.

VS
Budapest BluesBoy
permalink   Fri, Jul 29, 2005 @ 2:40 AM
Thanx. Thanx. Thanx…
L
permalink   Fri, Jul 29, 2005 @ 11:50 AM
yeah, Ozone is good but it needs a monster machine to run, you can turn off the animations and other bells and whistles to at least get a few good seconds of previewing your work *lol*
victor
permalink   Fri, Jul 29, 2005 @ 11:53 AM
you know I just saw where waves has a "musician II" native bundle for $150 that includes the Renaissance (sp?) compressor and other goodies. On the surface that seems like a pretty good deal considering the Gold Native is about 10x that.