Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Theft......

Theft......

Loveshadow
permalink   Wed, Jan 14, 2009 @ 10:14 AM
You may recall in another post that a mix i did of Calendar girl Tonight Tonight was chosen by a fashion designer Kalchmann
who approached us legitimately for a licence to use the tune on their website.

Well is seems that another rogue fashion outfit in Istanbul have not only stolen the music illegally to do the same but also ripped off images and video from the Kalchmann site proclaiming them as their own.

It’s here if you feel like spamming them. So far they have ignored all our contact requests and questions.
http://www.sanlicollection....

Pity Lessig didnt counter the `kids stealing from businesses issue on the Colbert show with `How about businesses stealing from kids !’

Well i was once :-)
victor
permalink   Wed, Jan 14, 2009 @ 1:42 PM
That’s a drag - so sorry about that…

permalink   Loveshadow Thu, Jan 15, 2009 @ 7:26 AM
well its a chore more than life threatening but i was wondering is there any way to change the title of this thread to include their name. Reason being i just googled the company and this thread popped up three listings below their official info.

Might make someone aware of there dubious deeds and a Googling point worth remembering in the future.

permalink   victor Fri, Jan 16, 2009 @ 4:43 PM
Thanks to my work with CC I have some google juice - hope this helps.

permalink   Loveshadow Sat, Jan 17, 2009 @ 3:55 AM
It certainly does and i thank you for helping out.

By the way are you wearing Black again today by any chance…:-)
gurdonark
permalink   Wed, Jan 14, 2009 @ 5:58 PM
sorry to hear about this—what clowns those folks must be.
essesq
permalink   Thu, Jan 15, 2009 @ 5:19 AM
A quick post to say how sorry I am to hear about this. I would like to give it further thought and come back with a more complete reply. It may be in a new thread.
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Sat, Jan 17, 2009 @ 11:32 AM
hope this helps. sorry to hear it.

permalink   Loveshadow Sun, Jan 18, 2009 @ 4:19 AM
Hey thanks for helping out.

The Google engine is great for this. The company was at the top of their name listing for their name on Monday but the page ranking system has kicked them into 6th place after all the blogs that did a piece on this issue.

Thanks to every one for taking time out to do it.

If anything the efforts at least place another set of data about Creative Commons on the web, should another set of `Dumb Kids ’ think the CC mixter pool is up for grabs.
dangerous_objects
permalink   Fri, Jan 23, 2009 @ 5:52 PM
Quote: Loveshadow
Pity Lessig didnt counter the `kids stealing from businesses issue on the Colbert show with `How about businesses stealing from kids !’

This happens all the time in Soviet Russia.

Yeah, one thing I worry about is how one can fight an army of corporate lawyers even if the law is totally on your side.