Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » CAPPELLAS ! NO EFFECTS PLEASE !!!!!!!!

CAPPELLAS ! NO EFFECTS PLEASE !!!!!!!!

sylvain moreau
permalink   Sat, Mar 22, 2008 @ 12:12 PM
PLEASE don’t put comp /eq / gates / reverb or delay on your a cappellas !

100% off time it to much ! ! ! and anyway it never works with a different mix.

+ we can work much better with no fx ! on voice an add what we exactly need to suite our mix.

maybe admin should add a note when posting an a cappella to explain singers why it’s very bad and hard to mix with Fx on voice.

if you think the same way, please “up” this topic so we get a chance singers to read it.
victor
permalink   Sat, Mar 22, 2008 @ 1:53 PM
From the a cappella submit page:

Quote: Mono recording with no effects (reverb, delay, etc.) on them are best because they are the most flexible to work with. Many singers think they sound “better” with a lot of effects but it is always better to leave those choices to a producer/remixer to allow them to use their creative skills to the fullest potential.

I think the vast majority of singers are not doing it on purpose, it’s either burned into their track or they simply don’t understand their tools enough to give up dry tracks (if you’ve worked with singers remotely you know what I’m talking about).

By far the most important thing is that singers feel like this site is a comfortable, fun, creative place where they can take a chance with their most precious commodity.

iow - please, no yelling at the vocalists ;)
Larree
permalink   Wed, Mar 26, 2008 @ 4:29 AM
Actually, I think a note about this somewhere on the site would be a great idea. a straight, dry vocal track is important for this type of work to come out right.

permalink   victor Wed, Mar 26, 2008 @ 4:53 AM
actually, it’s on the a cappella submit page