Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » Cathayist ccMixtape vol. 1 (House)

Cathayist ccMixtape vol. 1 (House)

Dan S.
permalink   Fri, Jan 18, 2008 @ 12:08 PM
I kinda got inspired by s.c.mixer’s four mix volumes so I decided to do my own.

I carefully chose these tracks from the millions of tracks around ccMixter, and I have to say, some of the talent here is mindblowing. To be able to make a mix album like this from unsigned music is crazy. I guarantee you’ll love the paced mood. All these songs are totally ready for the club in my opinion.

Download the mix album here:
http://www.archive.org/download/CathayistCcmixtapeVol.1/CathayistCcmixtapeVol.1.mp3

Tracklist can be found in my playlists, but I’ll post it here:

1. Calendargirl - January (AltControlDelete Mix)
2. Cibelle - Noite de carnaval (Andre Sebastian Remix)
3. Christian S - Que Pena (Christian S Radio Mix)
4. Iggmatic Productions feat. SilviaO - Trampa Animal (Iggmatized Mix)
5. Tomas PhUsIoN feat. Marc Deon - I Like It
6. Callmeyang feat. Lisa Debenedictis - Love Bird
7. S.C.Mixer feat. BOCrew - Message dans le répondeur
8. Loveshadow feat. calendargirl - Always
9. Christian S - Ana (Scandinavian Winter Mix)
10. Lisa DeBenedictis - Below (Nero’s Deep Below the Belt Mix)
11. Tomas PhUsIoN feat. JeremyCarr - Love of My Life
12. Konan feat. spinningmerkaba - Fly On
13. Dan S. feat Fireproof Babies - Robot Girlfriend (Tech Trance Remix)

I plan on doing some other volumes, namely a dark techno volume and a trip hop/lounge volume. I’m trying to hold off on a trance volume since I can’t find a lot of artists who’re into trance, sadly. (Trance buffs, speak up!)

Oh, and if you liked some of the tracks please review these artists and give them their just due! Some positive responses can result in more great music to be made!
duckett
permalink   Fri, Jan 18, 2008 @ 9:55 PM
As far as trance-type stuff, you may want to check IceSun… (yeah, I know she remixed one of my pellas, and of course that’s got something to do w/ the mention, but honestly; even if it’s not the track w/ me on it, you should at least give her a listen).
s.c.mixer
permalink   Sat, Jan 19, 2008 @ 3:50 PM
Great selection, nice mix. Good work!

And thanks for the inclusion :)
Dan S.
permalink   Sat, Jan 19, 2008 @ 4:58 PM
Album covers 1000x1000:

FRONT

BACK
victor
permalink   Tue, Jan 22, 2008 @ 6:51 PM
wow (!), another outstanding megamix
Christian S
permalink   Thu, Jan 24, 2008 @ 1:03 PM
Wow, I feel really proud to have my tracks alongside these awesome tunes! Although it sounds like you used some weird time-stretch algorithm and a little bit to much compression sometimes, it’s a great mix and I like it. :)

By the way, you should give some credit to Tamy and Vieux Farka Toure too as it’s they who I remixed.

permalink   Dan S. Thu, Jan 24, 2008 @ 8:28 PM
Ooh, good ear.

I had some trouble with the compression in question as I was trying to get all the tracks at the same volume without clipping. I was hoping it wouldn’t be too noticeable to the ears.
DJ Rkod
permalink   Fri, Jan 25, 2008 @ 1:04 AM
Have to agree with Chris S. about the compression. It’s especially evident on track 9 (which already has quite a bit of compression and really didn’t need any more.) The selection of tracks and mixing though, are both excellent. And as for trance, I’ve been known to haul out the arpeggiators now and then.
Dafcok
permalink   Sat, Feb 16, 2008 @ 5:18 AM
Thx a lot for diggin out dis ol’ song and putttin it to good use!