Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Features » "View By Rating"?

"View By Rating"?

duckett
permalink   Sat, Jun 2, 2007 @ 5:31 PM
Dumb Question Time:
I realize the remix page allows you to sort by rating, butany chance of a “view by rating” choice on the artist’s upload page?
I’d love this for the simple fact that my own uploads tend to be all over the map both in genre and (cough) in popularity, and I don’t think I’m alone in this- it might give the casual visitor a better idea of why someone’s overall rating is high even if their latest track goes way out on a limb (or just plain sucks) compared to older uploads… the more artists the site has, the better this idea seems to me- and might deter site-gaming by making either “a-5-cuz-yer-my-pal” or “a-1-cuz-I-want-you-gone” obvious to anyone who checks out someone’s page, not just the long-time users or admins who know already what’s what. Just thinking out loud, maybe this has been brought up/addressed before, I’ll go back to my rubber room now…
victor
permalink   Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 7:21 AM
I think the answer lies somewhere in playlists. For example, here a playlist with your highly rated remixes

By allowing you decide which tab on your page comes to the front (‘uploads’, ‘profile’, ‘playlists’, etc) and then allowing you to organize which of your playlists are featured on the ‘playlists’ tab you could pretty much decide what the user sees when they first walk up to your page. something like that…

VS

permalink   duckett Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 5:33 PM
Ohhh, I get it… thanks for the tip, I’m the equivalent of a crusty old fart when it comes to playlists and whatnot- I still think of prodigy as “recent” and remember being amazed when CDs, then CD-ROMs, came on the scene- so again, thanks for bearing with me…

permalink   duckett Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 9:10 PM
nooby-doo back w/ dumb inquiries…
I still must not understand the whole playlist thing, I clicked on your thoughtfully provided link, said “Oh, alright, cool” then tried to “edit query” to “all uploads” and “5.00 only”, looked for the “OK” or “Done” button, found none, said “alright, time to see if I can just make any sort of playlist at all and have it show up”, went to “Your playlists” played w/ that, checked the generic Playlists to see if anything happened or updated, saw nothing, tried “create playlist”, saved, checked again, nothing. I must simply be Unclear On the Concept…

permalink   duckett Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 9:15 PM
…please don’t give up in disgust, if you manage to finally get through this thick skull o’ mine, I’ll remix any sample of your choosing as a thank-you.
your friendly resident RPITA,
-Duck

permalink   victor Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 9:40 PM
sorry, I was talking hypothetical features, not currently implemented.

permalink   duckett Mon, Jun 4, 2007 @ 11:17 PM
What a relief! Nice forward-thinking, anyway…