Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Remixfight.org

Remixfight.org

artemisstrong
permalink   Thu, May 17, 2007 @ 1:15 PM
To the old guard and the unitiated alike, drop by remixfight.org. I don’t run the site or anything, just remix there, but I want to see more people partcipate. If you haven’t been there before, check it out, stream the current fight, browse the forums— then get to work on the upcoming fight!
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, Mar 7, 2008 @ 7:20 PM
well, rather than start a new thread, i just wanted to add to what artemis is preaching by plugging the next remixfight, which will feature a familiar face to many. if you haven’t checked out this fine pack, you’ve haven’t gotten your true funk on.

also, thanks to VS and teru for playing this month. :)

and art, who had so much fun he went back for thirds.

permalink   gurdonark Fri, Mar 7, 2008 @ 10:14 PM
Cool! A fourstones track.

I’ll have to play, as soon as I finish the other thing or two I’ve committed to this month.

permalink   gurdonark Sun, Mar 9, 2008 @ 10:14 PM
I sure left a lot of versions on the cutting room floor, but I finally got one done,and now I’m submitted for the next fight!
I hope more mixters will go to remixfight.org, grab the samples,and play.
victor
permalink   Sat, Mar 8, 2008 @ 1:39 AM
doh, I didn’t even realize the fight was up (!) lol

I’ll be reviewing tomorrow.

For everybody that hasn’t heard me say it 1,000 times before: remixfight was the inspiration for ccM (well, my inspiration anyway ;))

VS
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Thu, Mar 20, 2008 @ 6:41 PM
yo peeps, you still got 11 days to get your funk on.

i’ll even sweeten the pot…i’ll say nice things about 10 of your remixes here if any of you submit.

starting with robert…
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Wed, Jun 18, 2008 @ 11:33 AM
hey peeps, just a reminder that you’ve still got almost 2 weeks to head over here and get ditto ditto’s source tracks for “Histoire de Rien” and send in a remix! It’s a great little tune and he’s worthy!
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Sat, Aug 23, 2008 @ 10:42 AM
there’s still a week left to remix Jonathan Coulton’s classic net opus to software developers.

hope to see a few of you join us.

permalink   duckett Sun, Aug 24, 2008 @ 2:04 AM
Sorry MCJITB… as much as I’d love to throw on the gloves and do it to it, I’ve been laid low of late, due to a combination of financial/dead gear issues. I’m at the point where a “Send Duck A Buck” campaign is starting to look attractive…
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Sat, Sep 27, 2008 @ 12:18 PM
hey, if you happen to be working on a remix for “fake it”, feel free to send it in over here if you can get it done by the first of october and we’ll tell you how much we hate it.

i’m kidding, we’ll be nice.

and if you haven’t started anything yet, let this inspire you.

bonus points: you can post it here too. :)
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Wed, Jul 15, 2009 @ 8:53 PM
hehe, i had to dig to find this thread…always try to recycle old threads before starting a new one. just like clothes.

still a couple weeks left if anyone was interested but unaware of this shameless plug i’m trying to keep slightly on the down low.

for obvious reasons. :)