Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Conspiracy??

Conspiracy??

Roys_Iron_DNA
permalink   Tue, Apr 25, 2006 @ 4:58 PM
Hullo….

Wasn’t really a subscriber to DaMo’s theory but have noticed particularly with the old Fort Minor contest, that a few folks including us seem to have been receiving a few random one-star ratings with no reviews or comments attached, just because our tunes were rated highly before that?

Ok that’s your right to do that but doesn’t it strike anyone that an army of linkin park fans / one off mixters are trying to just anonymously make their tune appear more liked than it is?? conspiracy sure, but seems like a desperate attention seeker to me.

Anyone else suffered from this?

weird!
victor
permalink   Tue, Apr 25, 2006 @ 6:20 PM
I’m sorry you got a bad rating.

It’s probably pointless for me to say this (it hasn’t worked before) but I’ve looked at your case and it is not a conspiracy that I can see. Just someone who didn’t like your upload.

As of this writing you’ve uploaded 1 remix, left 2 reviews and posted 3 times to the forum. Perhaps if you left more reviews (a lot more) you’d get a broader range of folks who listen in return, review and rate your upload. OR it’s a conspiracy. Who knows…

VS
shagrugge
permalink   Tue, Apr 25, 2006 @ 6:31 PM
I’d say conspiracy…but I’m like PMac going paranoid and that’s fo sho’ ;)
gurdonark
permalink   Tue, Apr 25, 2006 @ 11:56 PM
I’ve come to the belief that after averaging the conspiracy of over-ratings and the conspiracy of soul(s) who give me a "1", it all averages out just about right.

Quote: I’d say conspiracy…but I’m like PMac going paranoid and that’s fo sho’ ;)
Roys_Iron_DNA
permalink   Wed, Apr 26, 2006 @ 4:15 AM
Haha

didnt mean to sound like I was whining! not at all, if it was just us then thats cool. At least they bothered to listen to it! Hell, if someone doesnt like something i WANT to hear their opinion. Makes the world go round.

I just meant i was watching how many ratings people were getting and their averages, and all of a sudden the ratings went up and the averages down. Oh well doesn’t matter at all at the end of the day, just wondered if there was a "spoiler" running around.

Gurdonark-you are correct!

End of topic….off to join my paranoia support group!

The Rev…X
Roys_Iron_DNA
permalink   Wed, Apr 26, 2006 @ 4:18 AM
PS Victor, im just buggin kid. Im a new member I INTEND to use this site to the full and give more reviews and vice versa. Thats not the point I was making.

cheers for taking me (too) seriously tho!

its all cool…..
jeroensnake
permalink   Sat, May 13, 2006 @ 4:47 PM
I think someone with the RIAA (with organisations like it all over the world) helped starting this idea. Most people fall for it, and thus are really thinking that all this is "good". However, there are few that have some spare hours at the RIAA, which are filling all CC sites with very bad music. They intent to make a mess out of all CC sites. This will discourage other people to look for good music, since the amount is relatively less then those bad samples. But there is more. Like all conspiracies, this one is much bigger. Since the western world has seen that China is using Linux and other open source/free software more and more, they started a secret counter-attack. Look all over the web, there are plenty of bad open/free things. Most of them contain spyware. In fact, almost everything is plain garbage. Try software, art, music, etc. Now you may say; this is not the case at CCmixter. But wait; weird things happening now are only a start. Ever tried to find a good sample? We cant; i believe this website has a great backend for our "friends". They can look up everything in a matter of seconds. I fear for the lives of good (real) artists. Of course, they will not allow anything too good appear on this site (or where ever). New music and other artistic "free" things will eventually be destroyed. Everyone who loves p2p/internet/cc/whatever now, will slowly start to hate it. Just because all the polution. In a few years nobody would even download a p2p program. Torrents are also a short hype. It will die, like the rest. All minds will be in the same direction; buying the same commercial music over and over again. All the same chords progressions, same scales, same dumb blond girls singing everything we never wanted. But its ok; we wont know any better. We will love it, buy it and listen to it. BAM. head hits ground. wake up. Cold sweat all over, I breath heavily and stare into the dark… wtf, what kinda nightmare was THAT?! ! Slowly my feet touch the floor, and while pulling the curtains aside I feel the sunshine warming my face. I look around and see my guitar shining in the corner of my room.