Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » One Love Remix Event

One Love Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Feb 1, 2021 @ 3:59 PM
One Love Remix Event

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” ~Sophocles

One Love — a tone of freedom, of unified strength, as a movement of courage — carries us forward in times of darkness. One Love — a tone of compassion, of light and abundance — lifts us above our ordinary existence. One Love — a tone of celebration, as a rhythm of nature’s song, reminds us of our true connection to one another and the planet we belong to.

It is with these tones that we recognize each other’s truth, each other’s gifts, and each other’s trials. With love, we can lift the weight, heal the pain, and part the storm clouds of fear.

The best time to show love is when life is forcing you to show hatred.” ~Mitta Xinindlu

Real love is revolutionary because it works from within. From there the world becomes new, limitless, and changeable.

In honor of Bob Marley’s birthday (Feb 6), Black History Month, Valentine’s Day, and the International World Day of Justice (Feb 20) we celebrate One Love through music in our global community — through our collective, creative force.

One love, one heart, one destiny.” ~Bob Marley

We’ll focus on pells and samples Feb 1-13 and remixes until Feb 28. As always, any file type is welcome throughout the event.

Let’s make this remix event ring with the essence of One Love. Across the ages, inclusive of all, and full of light — with songs of higher love that lift the heart and remind us of who we truly are.

Pells
Samples
Remixes

Darkroom
permalink   Mon, Feb 1, 2021 @ 8:31 PM
Great idea Snowflake.
Michael Burnz
permalink   Mon, Feb 1, 2021 @ 9:01 PM
Quote: SnowflakeOne Love Remix Event

I’m In! you know One Love is my jam!!!

“One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love.” ~Sophocles

One Love — a tone of freedom, of unified strength, as a movement of courage — carries us forward in times of darkness. One Love — a tone of compassion, of light and abundance — lifts us above our ordinary existence. One Love — a tone of celebration, as a rhythm of nature’s song, reminds us of our true connection to one another and the planet we belong to.

It is with these tones that we recognize each other’s truth, each other’s gifts, and each other’s trials. With love, we can lift the weight, heal the pain, and part the storm clouds of fear.

“The best time to show love is when life is forcing you to show hatred.” ~Mitta Xinindlu

Real love is revolutionary because it works from within. From there the world becomes new, limitless, and changeable.

In honor of Bob Marley’s birthday (Feb 6), Black History Month, Valentine’s Day, and the International World Day of Justice (Feb 20) we celebrate One Love through music in our global community — through our collective, creative force.

“One love, one heart, one destiny.” ~Bob Marley

We’ll focus on pells and samples Feb 1-13 and remixes until Feb 28. As always, any file type is welcome throughout the event.

Let’s make this remix event ring with the essence of One Love. Across the ages, inclusive of all, and full of light — with songs of higher love that lift the heart and remind us of who we truly are.

Pells
Samples
Remixes
ScOmBer
permalink   Tue, Feb 2, 2021 @ 4:09 AM
OMG! Reaching for the bottom drawer for every half written Barry Manilow song I started but never finished!

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Feb 2, 2021 @ 11:57 AM
Can’t wait to hear!! :)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Feb 2, 2021 @ 11:53 AM
Feel it in the one drop!

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Feb 2, 2021 @ 11:57 AM
I and I!!
Speck
permalink   Wed, Feb 3, 2021 @ 1:58 AM
So, I guess I’m a little confused. Is this about “the essence of One Love” or is this about Valentines Day? They are two completely different things.

Or to put it another way - “Bob Marley’s birthday (Feb 6), Black History Month, Valentine’s Day, and the International World Day of Justice (Feb 20)” - one of these things is not like the others.

permalink   Whitewolf Wed, Feb 3, 2021 @ 4:17 PM
Sounds to me like it’s all of the above…

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Feb 4, 2021 @ 5:41 AM
I hear ya! To sappy hearts like me, it’s all connected. HA! But yeah, I also choose to ignore the rampant consumerism of Valentine’s Day… and even the religious history. The Wikipedia article about it is sure a trip. Anyway, please feel free to take this project however you’re inspired to do so!

permalink   Speck Tue, Feb 9, 2021 @ 5:00 AM
OK, thanks, I got it now. Big Tent.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Feb 10, 2021 @ 6:20 PM
I guess I feel they each have the “aim” of honoring the concept of unified, Higher, Conscious Love. We fall short on our journey and symbols of finding it, that pure place (One Love) Bob Marley sings about. Perhaps you might find One Love through depth with your Beloved, maybe you find it through greater compassion and connection with all members of the human family, maybe you find it through understanding the karmic dance of love and justice, intertwined. Just a few thoughts.

permalink   Speck Thu, Feb 11, 2021 @ 3:35 AM
Yeah, I get it. And I accept it. (Even though for me Valentines day is about selling chocolate, full stop.)
But that’s not why I came here. I wanted to mention that I just watched a documentary on Netflix called “Who Shot The Sheriff?” that really delves into the political scene at the time and how he became a part of it (reluctantly). It’s all about the assassination attempt and there’s a lot of info in there I didn’t know (I was/am a huge fan, still have all the albums) and it culminates in the One Love concert. Highly recommended if you have Netflix. (And it actually answers the titular question.)
chris crews (dj pheonix)
permalink   Wed, Feb 3, 2021 @ 9:10 AM
Quote: Snowflake

”One love, one heart, one destiny.” ~Bob Marley

Jah love. Great idea snowflake. I’ve been doing an annual One Love Bob Marley house party since 1996, since we share the same birthday! Hope I can add something to this great remix idea.

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Feb 3, 2021 @ 5:50 PM
Wow! I share Bob Marley’s birthday as well :) Happy Birthday this Saturday my friend!

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Feb 4, 2021 @ 5:35 AM
How cool?!!! Happy, happy birthday to you both!!
Apoxode
admin
permalink   Sat, Feb 6, 2021 @ 1:44 PM
Happy Birthday :)

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Feb 10, 2021 @ 6:12 PM
Thank you xxxx

permalink   soundtails Mon, Feb 15, 2021 @ 12:54 AM
Happy Birthday also, you got your hip addressed good, your a Hip Human!