Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Come Together Secret Mixter

Come Together Secret Mixter

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Fri, Nov 20, 2020 @ 10:07 AM

People who make music together cannot be enemies, at least while the music lasts.” Paul Hindemith

This “Come Together” Secret Mixter theme makes a lot of sense as the year 2020 comes to a close. The urge for families and friends to gather is strong, and we’re being called to to do so in ways that are safe and in observance of social distancing protocols. Now more than ever we have to be smart, emotional and creative. With that goal in mind, let this Secret Mixter be the way we come together, in our community from all around the world, to share the healing gift of music safely. This forum post is our virtual table where we can connect with each other while we feast on the uploads that come in.

Join us!!!

Sign up between Nov 15-28, then assignments will go out Nov 29, and upload day is Dec 13th.

New to Secret Mixters? Please read this first before signing up.

This holiday season, please consider giving a gift to ccMixter, to help us keep our community going strong. Thank you!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Fri, Nov 20, 2020 @ 10:42 AM

permalink   Snowflake Fri, Nov 20, 2020 @ 11:15 AM
Fitting and inspiring indeed. I think I’m going to dedicate my bed rest and recovery from surgery right now as a “bed in for peace” to stay in the flow of this conversation. Come Together!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Nov 20, 2020 @ 11:18 AM
love it!

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Nov 20, 2020 @ 11:52 AM
Ha! That’s awesome.

permalink   Admiral Bob Mon, Nov 23, 2020 @ 8:17 PM
They did this just down the road from me in Montreal.

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Nov 20, 2020 @ 11:51 AM
Dude. META. (No deep thoughts here… just thinking about what you just put out there.)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Nov 24, 2020 @ 9:06 PM

Gary Clark Jr. Performing Come Together Live at Lollapalooza last year. Clink on the image to watch on YouTube.
sparky
permalink   Sat, Nov 28, 2020 @ 8:43 AM
I tend to upload completed tracks rather than stems, but I can always supply these on request. Is there any way for remixers to remain anonymous and request stems of others’ completed tracks they want to work on? I imagine it’s a common requirement for these events.

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Nov 28, 2020 @ 10:55 AM
Pretty much no way to do that without spoiling the surprise unfortunately. The secret mixter sign ups do say you have to have some stems though. :)

permalink   sparky Sat, Nov 28, 2020 @ 3:17 PM
OK thanks

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sat, Nov 28, 2020 @ 4:48 PM
You could just upload stems to a song (or songs) that you feel would be a good candidate for remixing, and take the chance that whoever gets assigned you for their secret mixter chooses those stems to use.

They will remain anonymous because you’re just adding stems to a track.

I know that when I get my assignments, the first thing I do is listen to their catalog, and songs with stems are like gold when I’m digging through the material for inspiration.