Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » NINJAM Session

NINJAM Session

bangcorrupt
permalink   Mon, Apr 6, 2020 @ 3:28 AM
It would be cool to get together and jam with people from ccMixter. We can use Ninjam to collaborate live from home. Martin Cee (softmartin) suggested Wednesday 8th April at 9pm GMT, that works for me.

I have a Ninjam server running at 40.76.3.246:2049, it should be available 24/7, let me know if it’s not.
mwic
admin
permalink   Mon, Apr 6, 2020 @ 8:07 AM
That’s a cool looking project.
I have a decent amount of outbound bandwidth (okla measures 70Mb) if I can get Linux version of Reaper going ..

permalink   bangcorrupt Wed, Apr 8, 2020 @ 11:54 AM
That’s a fairly beefy connection, my home broadband maxes out at 2Mb/s upload. To connect as a client this is fine, you don’t need a huge amount of outbound bandwidth. I use a VPS on Azure for the server, it’s comfortable at 700Mb/s but can reach 1Gb/s sometimes.
I’ve been running native Linux Reaper since it was released and had no problems, let me know if you need any help.

permalink   martinsea Wed, Apr 8, 2020 @ 4:44 PM
Reaper will also work in wine, but I couldn t get my Native Instruments stuff to work there. Jamming was cool today with bangcorrupt, maybe you can make it next time. Best, Martin
martinsea
permalink   Mon, Apr 6, 2020 @ 3:26 PM
I ‘m in, tho I suddenly realise i don t have the jack i need here and cannot get out, so there may be latency issues. Let s see. Best, martin

permalink   bangcorrupt Wed, Apr 8, 2020 @ 3:11 PM
Fun jamming with you. Had to leave, don’t think my neighbours are enjoying it so much.

permalink   martinsea Wed, Apr 8, 2020 @ 4:40 PM
Yes,me too, let’s schedule next wednesday an hour or two earlier, I thought UK and GMT was the same.
Best, Martin

permalink   bangcorrupt Fri, Apr 10, 2020 @ 4:15 AM
UK is an hour ahead until October. 7pm GMT is good for me, nobody can complain when it’s that early.

I have stems of our jam, are you happy for me to upload them?