Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Art Gallery Features Beauty Of Perspective Playlist

Art Gallery Features Beauty Of Perspective Playlist

spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Oct 8, 2019 @ 4:47 PM

I am pleased to announce that the Ventura Artists’Union will be featuring remixes from the Beauty of Perspectives event during the opening reception for “It’s Like Fall” this weekend Saturday Oct. 12th.

I have been looking forward to showcasing the ccmixter remix culture within the gallery setting since I started working with the arts organization in my hometown, and now I get the chance!

Thanks for submitting such great music!

For more details about the Exhibition follow this link.

https://www.artists-union.org/happenings

I’ll do my best to document the event and post updates about it here.

Keep remixing, it widens our perspectives!

Jason

Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Oct 8, 2019 @ 5:13 PM
WOW! It’s so cool to know that ccMixter’s music will be playing IRL at an art gallery in California! Thanks for making this happen, Jason!
Kara Square
permalink   Thu, Oct 10, 2019 @ 9:20 AM
Want to have your remix featured at Art City Gallery’s event? There’s a couple days left to submit your mix!

Playlists:
Pells
Samples
Remixes

permalink   SackJo22 Sat, Oct 12, 2019 @ 1:16 PM
How exciting! Let us know how it goes.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Oct 18, 2019 @ 8:02 AM
It was a lot of fun to showcase our music at Art City Gallery. I’ve been wanting to do this for awhile now, and Perspectives gave me the opportunity. The music created during BOP was spot on for the event, and got a lot of compliments from the visitors. I hope the pics and vids gave you a peek at the scene, though it really is nearly impossible to capture the evening on a iphone.

To hear Sackjo’s spoken word talk about perspective while looking at original art was something else!

Keep remixing!
Jason
Kara Square
permalink   Tue, Oct 15, 2019 @ 6:31 AM
Here’s a walk-through video of the exhibit!

https://youtu.be/zCQFBIVAtN4

Thank you to Jason for sharing ccMixter music with your community. Thank you to texasradiofish, Panu, and Admiral Bob for the perfect video music. And thank you to all ccMixter artists who participated in the Beauty of Perspectives event!

permalink   SackJo22 Tue, Oct 15, 2019 @ 7:36 AM
Wonderful! I am having the feels this morning thinking about many different ways over the years we have come together and then gone out together as a creative community. (White Cube, Emergence… ) Thanks Jason for coordinating and Kara for putting together the video. I liked seeing the gallery and the art we accompanied. Bravo!

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Oct 17, 2019 @ 8:25 AM
Awwwww… Right!?? I’m so with you… this is such an incredible community. Magical. And thank you… Jason deserves all the credit for this one! 😊

permalink   texasradiofish Thu, Oct 17, 2019 @ 1:35 AM
Clicked on the video link to take a peek and BAM! Surprise.

Jason and Kara, good job on the ccMixter/Art City coordination and Perspective video.

Always a pleasure to be on the team.

TRF

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Oct 17, 2019 @ 8:27 AM
BOOM BOOM! It was so perfect how your remix happened to be playing in the background when Jason took the footage. I was like… Oh yeah! Panu shall introduce this thang with A WHOLE LOT of PERSPECTIVE! Thank you guys!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Oct 18, 2019 @ 8:07 AM
Dude!

Your funky grooves added just the right uplift to the playlist. Keep ‘em comin’

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Oct 18, 2019 @ 8:06 AM
Thanks for the cool video production Kara!

The playlist from the event played in rotation from 4-7 and wow, what a treat for me. I got to experience the music combined with art in a spectacular way. I encourage all our remixers to do this in their local art scene!