Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Beauty of Perspectives Remix Event

Beauty of Perspectives Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Sep 9, 2019 @ 8:55 AM

Every form of art is another way of seeing the world. Another perspective, another window. And science – that’s the most spectacular window of all. You can see the entire universe from there.
― Claudia Gray, A Thousand Pieces of You

Remix Event: Beauty of Perspective

Listen to the moment. Listen again. And again. With each passing moment the sound of the world around us changes. We assimilate it through our senses and filter it through our past experiences. We verify where we are in the universe through sound.

Remixing is creating music out of our perspective. We take the gift of a pell or a sample, already created, and infuse it with our own perspective. The process is beautiful, creative and connecting.

Science has given us the tools to create music unbounded by time and space. The world of remixing is a window into the future of creation. We are exploring this vast space by combining art and technology in ways that continue to change our perspective.

Beauty of Perspective is a remix event that offers remixers a chance to experiment with sound and spoken word, starting with the source uploads of four outstanding ccMixter contributors:

Sackjo22
Panu
Speck
Apoxode

These beloved Mixters have produced especially-crafted, new material to launch this event — to inspire us in the expansion and beauty of our perspectives through a kaleidoscope of remixes.

Beauty of Perspective will be a month long event concluding on October 6th. The theme focuses on experimental music and spoken word pells. You are invited to contribute your own pells and samples during the first two weeks, and then get remixing for the last two! As usual, remixes are welcome any time during the event.

Playlists:
Pells
Samples
Remixes
Beauty of Perspective gives us a place to start imagining. Beauty of Perspective is a window into the world of new sounds, new worlds of audio creation. Music provides a language to share — the Beauty of Perspective.

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Sep 9, 2019 @ 9:09 AM
P.S. Apologies the beta site (where playlists reside) seems sluggish. Our data center company was just acquired by a new entity — and they transferred the location of one of our servers over the weekend. Since then, the site has been slow (especially the beta site). We are trouble-shooting it, but so far haven’t had much luck. Thanks for your patience as we continue to work on it.

permalink   SackJo22 Mon, Sep 9, 2019 @ 10:02 AM
Thank YOU and all of the admins who keep ccMixter up and running. You make it possible for each of us to have a place to share.

permalink   Speck Tue, Sep 10, 2019 @ 3:46 AM
I second that gratitude. Sounds like it was a rather troublesome weekend, tech-wise.

permalink   Speck Tue, Sep 10, 2019 @ 4:13 AM
And I don’t want to add to the troubles but just FYI (in case it wasn’t known) it just took 22 minutes to download 4 zips from Apoxode’s offering.

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Sep 10, 2019 @ 12:36 PM
We are so sorry for this, and trust me, we are working behind the scenes to try to resolve the ill-timed, disappointing issue. Unfortunately this new data center company is still trying get their act together — we’ve entered tickets, been on the phone with their team, etc. They apologize and are looking into it. Will keep you posted.

permalink   Apoxode Tue, Sep 10, 2019 @ 1:03 PM
For all of us who’ve been there, we’re here for you now.
I have great respect for your transparency!
Usually, businesses refuse to even acknowledge the problem.

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?”
-IT Crowd

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Sep 11, 2019 @ 9:26 AM
Thank you for appreciating our courage and straightforward approach to being *real* with this community.

I’ve rebooted the server a handful of times since Sat evening. It only seemed to help the first time (brought the server back to life).

Finally spoke with a Linux tech guy yesterday at Aptum (the new company) — it was great to converse with someone with intelligence and understanding. He shared he believes the latency issues are because all of Cogeco Peer One’s servers in San Antonio are being transferred to the new location and Virginia — so it is a broader bandwidth issue, not specific just to ccMixter. When I inquired as to how long we could expect this issue he was uncertain and said he will get back to me.

We’re continuing to track this, and work with the data center, as well as our own team, to optimize our processes.

Thanks for your patience.
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Mon, Sep 9, 2019 @ 10:05 AM
Thanks Snowflake et al for this meaningful and fun event. It will be inspiring to hear what emerges.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Sep 9, 2019 @ 12:16 PM
I’m looking forward to the remixes that come from the source used to kick off this event.

Sounds like paint is being splashed across the surface of my speakers!

permalink   SackJo22 Wed, Sep 11, 2019 @ 8:35 AM
your poetic enthusiasm is infectious!
Kara Square
permalink   Mon, Sep 9, 2019 @ 2:20 PM
I am super excited about the starting material offered by Apoxode, Speck, Panu, and SackJo22! Sonically creative, insightful, and inspiring! Thank you ALL!

And I can’t wait to hear everyone adding their own perspectives through spoken word, stems, and remixes!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Oct 8, 2019 @ 4:57 PM

permalink   Kara Square Tue, Oct 8, 2019 @ 5:11 PM
This is SO COOL, Spin!