Dig The Soundtrack 2017 Remix Event
skip
Home » Forums » Features » Embeddable player in Facebook via shared link

Embeddable player in Facebook via shared link

vibs
permalink   Tue, Jan 10, 2017 @ 5:20 AM
If anyone’s used bandcamp.com and embedded a song or album, they’d now, that the embedded plays is playable directly from Facebook… This is true for website embeds too..

Is this possible for ccmixter uploads too? I know its not re-inventing the wheel, but a lot of credit could be directed if such a player existed..
Kara Square
admin
permalink   Tue, Jan 10, 2017 @ 11:46 AM
You’re right. That would be a wonderful feature for ccMixter. We’ll add this to our update wish list. :)

permalink   vibs Wed, Jan 11, 2017 @ 5:32 PM
Thx :-)
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Wed, Jan 11, 2017 @ 9:42 AM
I agree that would be a nice feature. The way I promote my mixes is to use the soundcloud links. They look great, and the plays generated are tracked by Starfrosch.

permalink   vibs Wed, Jan 11, 2017 @ 5:43 PM
I couldn’t get the soundcloud links to play inside facebook… It opens the site to play.. Is there a workaround?

permalink   Kara Square Thu, Jan 12, 2017 @ 9:36 AM
Hmmm… usually, I just copy and paste the url of a soundcloud song into a FB post and it automatically creates a player in the post. If that’s not working for you, you could try clicking the ‘Share’ button on a soundcloud song page and then clicking the FB icon to share it. I hope this works for you!

permalink   vibs Thu, Jan 12, 2017 @ 6:20 PM
Good morning from here Kara! Nope, both the methods open a new window that leads to the soundcloud site… I’ve posted a link on facebook… It didn’t work in FB … I tried both Firefox and Google Chrome..

I’ll tag you on the share on FB, you’ll know which post i’m talking about (its via soundcloud share option)… Thx :-)

permalink   vibs Thu, Jan 12, 2017 @ 6:26 PM
According to soundcloud, they have retracted the emeddable player, since there was some glitch.. I don’t know how you’re still able to embed though..
I saw this post on their site among other posts

permalink   Kara Square Fri, Jan 13, 2017 @ 9:33 AM
Huh! Very interesting! I saw your FB post example (thanks for that). Well, shoot. It really would be a cool feature for ccMixter to have. Hopefully, we’ll be able to make it happen in the future!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Fri, Jan 13, 2017 @ 11:06 AM
I misunderstood what you were asking. Soundcloud posts do not play within facebook. I still do it anyway, cuz almost everyone I know has a soundcloud page, and it’s not that hard to click away from fb, it might even be healthy.