Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Beach Blanket Secret Mixter

Beach Blanket Secret Mixter

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Mon, Jun 6, 2011 @ 11:45 AM
What is better than beach blanket bingo? A beach blanket secret mixter of course! Sign-up by June 18. Assignments generated June 19 with upload day July 3.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Tue, Jun 7, 2011 @ 1:24 PM
Has anybody ever seen the movie Beach Blanket Bingo?

permalink   Snowflake Tue, Jun 7, 2011 @ 4:45 PM
well you and susan piqued my curiosity, so just watched this. http://www.youtube.com/watc... wow. i’m trying to imagine what would happen if folks just broke into dance like that at a local beach. maybe we should create a flashmob ;)

permalink   ScOmBer Wed, Jun 8, 2011 @ 12:22 AM
Are you saying this doesnt happen on a daily basis on every So-Cal beach?
I always thought movies of this genre were documentaries. Love to get my hands on the pella for that track and update it to 2011.
I’m still Clam Baking every second Saturday night!

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Jun 8, 2011 @ 12:08 PM
wow. that’s a lot of a$$ shaking. after watching all of these vids, i’m definitely feeling the need to get into bikini shape. can you imagine a rave like this? (i’ve always wanted to dance on a roof!)

permalink   Abstract Audio Wed, Jun 8, 2011 @ 11:06 AM
I’m gonna try to watch it in the next couple of days and maybe use it as inspiration for the remix.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jun 26, 2011 @ 12:37 PM
So…did you watch it? I’m curious.

permalink   bryan_w Tue, Jun 14, 2011 @ 12:51 AM
Quote: spinningmerkabaHas anybody ever seen the movie Beach Blanket Bingo?

Never heard of it till now but now I am curious to see it.
Abstract Audio
permalink   Wed, Jun 8, 2011 @ 11:04 AM
Ow yeah!!! counting down 10 days to go :D
slumberlords
permalink   Mon, Jun 20, 2011 @ 1:43 AM
so we have to upload songs on the 18th? It’s the 20th today can I upload a song?
Also, how is it secret? Sorry Im a bit confused, do we upload the song in the usual way or is there another “secret” way to do it?? @:)

permalink   spinningmerkaba Mon, Jun 20, 2011 @ 12:45 PM
Upload day is Sunday July 3rd. There will be a secret mixter submit form available to upload you mix on that day.

Have fun mixing!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Jun 20, 2011 @ 12:59 PM
Beach Blanket Emergency Update June 20th, 2011 1:10 pm PST:

Most of the secret mixter participants got 2 e-mails notifying them of who their assignment was (remember— keep your assignment secret;-)

Why you may ask?

Because of human error… meaning I forgot to flip a switch.

CcMixter thought we were still in sign-up mode for about 36 hours, even though mixing mode had already started. Oops :-O

It’s fixed now, and along the way we got a few more sign-ups, hence the 2 notifications for most you.

Anyway, it’s on—so start mixing.

Personally, I’m stoked about who my assignment is. The secret mixter really forces me to focus on creating the best mix I can, and the deadline adds a bit of anticipation to the work. Love it!

Post your Beach Blanket thoughts here.

SM

permalink   bryan_w Tue, Jun 21, 2011 @ 12:22 AM
Nice post

permalink   Abstract Audio Thu, Jun 23, 2011 @ 1:25 AM
Quote: spinningmerkabaPersonally, I’m stoked about who my assignment is.
Last weeks I’ve been thinking what would happen if I would get the assignment that I got.
Anyway gonna have fun

permalink   spinningmerkaba Thu, Jun 23, 2011 @ 6:31 AM
Yeah, I like getting my assignment as much as I like getting a mix.

I’ve been slicing samples, and noodling on the guitar for the past few days. I think I’ve got something tasty on the burner. It’s hard to tell at this stage.

Mixing is such a roller coaster ride for me. I go through lots of different emotional states in the process. Right now I’m at the top of the ride about to take the drop!

permalink   copperhead Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 4:08 PM
I really don’t mix anymore and it’s less stressful. As I am working on a song I do the mix as I go so when I stop I am basically done. Once in a blue moon I am sloppy and have to mix from scratch but generally it works for me

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Jun 23, 2011 @ 11:36 PM
i got a poetic assignment myself. strange. totally randomly generated. i’m stuck right not on my mix, but i have a wireframe of the arrangement at least! i’m working with 160 BPM so it is challenging :)

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jun 25, 2011 @ 6:33 AM
I hear that train a-comin!!

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jun 26, 2011 @ 12:30 PM
the Pacific Surfliner train track runs right by the ocean on the way down to San Diego…riders can watch the surfers as they go by.

pic

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jun 25, 2011 @ 6:37 AM
I normally get assignments that challenge me. When I saw who I got this time, I was thinking, “Wow, this’ll be easy!”

Then I hurt my hands, moments after thinking that. (I’m OK, no worries… but couldn’t play much until yesterday) Serves me right for being so cocky! But its all good… still came up with something I like. :)

permalink   Snowflake Sat, Jun 25, 2011 @ 8:38 AM
sorry to hear about your hands - hope you’re feeling ok.

are you saying you’re already done with your mix? i’m so jealous. i’m not even close….

permalink   SackJo22 Sat, Jun 25, 2011 @ 11:25 PM
…you’re going to blow us all out of the water, I’m sure.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jun 26, 2011 @ 12:37 PM
good to know your hands are better! what happened? both of them?

permalink   Admiral Bob Sun, Jun 26, 2011 @ 7:18 PM
I was cleaning a sharp serrated pan, and wasn’t using a wire brush, and took off the thumbnail off the picking hand, and a fingernail off the fretting hand. Hurt like crazy! Other than it feeling weird, I’m OK now.

permalink   spinningmerkaba Sun, Jun 26, 2011 @ 8:48 PM
ooooouch! that hurts just thinking about. be careful with those hands man…magic is made with them.

glad you’re alright.
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Jun 27, 2011 @ 12:23 PM

permalink   copperhead Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 4:02 PM
Yum! Now if I can only find the time to sit there lol!
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 11:27 AM
uploading is coming up soon — how y’all doing?

permalink   copperhead Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 4:03 PM
Mine keeps evolving but I will be done :)

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 8:25 PM
Done but having bandwidth problems at the cottage. Hopefully can get it sent and not wait til tomorrow night. Always eager to do the upload. :)

permalink   Admiral Bob Sat, Jul 2, 2011 @ 10:15 PM
Got the uploads done after an hour and a half of fighting. Sucks that I can’t listen to anything until tomorrow night. :(
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Sun, Jul 3, 2011 @ 10:25 AM
Listening slowly but surely, as I relish each mix — is this the best secret mixter yet? It always such a treat to hear how an artist is explored via the secret mix. This time around it is obvious that everybody’s game is on!

permalink   Abstract Audio Mon, Jul 4, 2011 @ 5:42 AM
Will get into listening the following days. Forgot to pay my internet bill and I’m punished harshly by not being able to listen to all your remixes.

Anyway had fun working on another SM and was greatly treated by jasons remix

permalink   Snowflake Mon, Jul 4, 2011 @ 9:32 AM
greatest secret mixter EVER! so inspired. listened to all the tracks yesterday and am about to start the second round of listening today. ya’ll are the soundtrack for our family gathering here on Independence Day in the US :)