Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » The Big OT » Creative Commons - Free! Music! Contest started

Creative Commons - Free! Music! Contest started

musikpirat
permalink   Fri, Jul 2, 2010 @ 11:39 PM
Hi CCMixters! To promote Creative Commons-licensed music and the musicians behind them, Musikpiraten e.V. launched this year once again the Free! Music! Contest. We are glad to present famous Cory Doctorow as the contest’s patron!

Until the end of july musicians and bands releasing their art under a Creative Commons license, can register on the website of the association for the contest. Until august 22th there will be an additional remix-phase: the participating artists are invited to submit single stems or acapellas in addition to the individual audio tracks. By submitting individual tracks or the submission of music videos, the chance to be on the samler will increase - but just a little bit.

A panel of music bloggers, artists and netlabel enthusiast the decides, who will be promoted on the Free! Music! Sampler 2010. It will be available as a free download and also pressed on CD. The highlight of the Free! Music! Contests will be on october second a party at the
Kreativfabrik Wiesbaden.

I’d love to see if some of you would jump into the contest. :) Until now there is only little response for the upload of stems / acapellas, which I feel is a pitty.

Oh, and if you know somebody who wants to donate us some money or a price… :) Just klick here.

2009 nearly 60 artists, mainly from germany but also from other european countries, the U.S. and brazil, filed Creative Commons-licensed music for Free! Music! Contest. The published compilation presents a wide selection of music style: german punk, english rock, electro, jazz and modern piano music, almost everything is available.
At the day we released the sampler as free download, we had more than 1,500 downloads! And managed still to get 1,000 CDs to the people. :)

We are also very happy if you just spread the word… You can find the contest’s official logo here.

Thanks for reading - and keep up making music. :)
go1dfish
permalink   Tue, Jul 6, 2010 @ 2:03 AM
Very cool that Cory Doctorow has signed on. Been really enjoying reading his books lately. Espescially Makers, and Little Brother.

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Jul 6, 2010 @ 4:04 AM
Yes indeed. That gave us a large boost in registrations from the US.

permalink   Snowflake Thu, Jul 8, 2010 @ 7:05 PM
Congrats on a very cool project!

permalink   musikpirat Tue, Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:11 AM
Why don’t you just jump in? :)

permalink   Snowflake Wed, Jul 14, 2010 @ 10:00 AM
I entered too (a remix mykleanthony did of Blessed are the Greedy), but didn’t realize I could only enter one song - and i guess i should have actually submitted just the pella and not the remix….what happens next? :)

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Jul 14, 2010 @ 12:45 PM
Submitting the remix was fine - the pellas just round up your registration. Hope, my mail could explain the contest some better. :)
SackJo22
admin
permalink   Tue, Jul 13, 2010 @ 10:27 PM
I just registered for the contest but may have misunderstood. I submitted an a capella with my registration. Was I meant to register with a remix? If so, how can I change the track I registered with? Also, are multiple submissions permitted?

permalink   musikpirat Wed, Jul 14, 2010 @ 12:44 PM
No worries, I can fix this. :)

You are ment to submit remixes - or final tracks you have made elsewhere. The pella/stem just increases your chance to win a littke bit. :)
musikpirat
permalink   Thu, Sep 16, 2010 @ 10:02 PM
I’m very glad, that two ccMixter artists are also presented at the final sampler: The wellknown BlakeHT and Mind Map That (the latter as a pretty new artists here)

You can find all results here:" class="cc_format_link" href="http://musik.klarmachen-zum-aendern.de/nachrichten/free_music_contest_2010_-_sampler-533]here[/url]:">http://musik.klarmachen-zum...

BlakeHT’ remix can be found here.