Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » OpenID Enabled on ccMixter

OpenID Enabled on ccMixter

victor
permalink   Thu, Apr 30, 2009 @ 2:01 PM
Here we go…

OpenID is now officially enabled on ccMixter.

Background

OpenID is a way to have one identity that you use at multiple sites. With an OpenID you don’t need “register an account” or even remember a password for ccMixter or any of the gazillions of sites where OpenID is enabled. ( wikipedia article).

There are tons of OpenID providers and there’s a really good chance you already have one.

For existing ccMixter users

If you don’t have an OpenID, feel free to ignore all of this. However, when you’ve lost your password and/or changed your email account, you’ll really, really wish you had one.

So, get one and then use then “attach” it to your existing account through “Edit your profile” on the menu to the left.

In “Edit Your Profile” you click on “Manage OpenIDs.” From there, you can association (“attach”) other OpenIDs to your ccMixter profile, tell us to stop using others and tell us whether you want your OpenID(s) to be displayed in your profile page.

For existing OpenID holder

The first time you use your OpenID here at ccMixter, we’ll ask you for a nickname to use and then you’re good to go. Welcome.

Where to get one?

Start here.

Got question? Log in and fire away at this thread.

Thanks,
VS
MC Jack in the Box
permalink   Fri, May 1, 2009 @ 4:00 PM
so i for one would be curious on the impact that the new Open ID has on say site traffic, number of downloads, etc.

maybe in a few weeks, can you give us some feedback?

it doesn’t have to get all regression analysis on us, just your mighty opinion based on some simple web stats…. :)

permalink   victor Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 9:12 AM
I’ll be happy when the number of “I forgot my password and my email address changed” emails in my inbox goes to zero.
victor
permalink   Sun, May 3, 2009 @ 9:11 AM
duh - what I forgot to mention is that you can get the coolest OpenID ever by becoming a member/sponsor in the Creative Commons Network.