Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Pluggy Plugs » New to CC Mixter, first offering!

New to CC Mixter, first offering!

drive on the wayside
permalink   Thu, Jan 22, 2009 @ 2:43 AM
Hello everyone! I am brand new to the CC Mixter community, well in a sense. I am the 2nd half of the synth-pop group “ a minor theory” with my good friend Spinmeister. I go by Vox in the group.

Well my primary band is called Wayside Drive. We have 3 brand new songs that we’re releasing today and I wanted to put out the stems into the CC Mixter community to see what fun we can have with them. Right now have the first song up “ Last Dream I Remember” but in the next few days I will have all 3 new songs on here. You can hear all of the new songs now at our website www.waysidedrive.com.

So there it is! Just wanted to say hello. I’m excited to be a part of the community! Hope you enjoy remixing my babies!!!

jeremy
spinmeister
permalink   Thu, Jan 22, 2009 @ 3:57 PM
Glad to — finally :-) — see some of your Wayside Drive stuff here!

To everyone else: Jeremy has been very important to my music. After we originally met in a remix contest at a musically very good, but not open licensed remixing site, we started emailing and next thing Jeremy had the idea to write and record a couple of songs together and we decided to set them free for remixing by our fellow remixing enthusiasts. This was in the fall of 2006.

To my everlasting utter embarrassment, I didn’t know about ccMixter yet at that time, and so at first we only released the remix packs for our songs at our own site. But numerous of the resulting remixes were much too good to just be on this little internet island of our own site. So in the spring of 2007, I set out on quest to find a peer-to-peer remixing community with open licenses. That’s why and how I (finally!) found ccM, which of course had been around for quite a while by then. And of course ccM continues to be one of the most rewarding musical experiences of my life.

NOTE: A good percentage of the remixes originally posted just to our site can now be found here at ccM. There are some real gems amongst them by some very prolific ccM remixers!

After the little (a minor theory) interlude in Jeremy’s musical life, I was glad to hear last year that he had decided to write some new material for his “real” band Wayside Drive, with whom he performs live on a regular basis. And I was even more thrilled when he asked me to provide a couple of little synth parts for some of the new Wayside Drive songs. I guess that makes me a virtual part-time keyboard player for an otherwise real band. How cool is that? Thanks Jer!

There’s a funny (embarrassing for me!) story to go with one of the songs for which the remix pack is still to come. But maybe I’ll tell that story once the remix pack is uploaded here. :-)
essesq
permalink   Fri, Jan 23, 2009 @ 4:19 PM
Well, well, well … you wait long enough and you just never know what’s going to happen. You put this stuff up just in time for me to give it a whirl in my brand new remixing environment (which means it will be at least 6 months until anything happens with it…but never mind).

Absolutely thrilled to see you put some of the band’s stuff up and I hope you’ll have a little time to hang around the virtual musical water cooler with some old friends :-).

permalink   drive on the wayside Fri, Jan 23, 2009 @ 6:14 PM
ESSESQ!!! How are you? Thank you very much. I hope you enjoy the stems and I anxiously await your remix! In 6 months! hehe
dangerous_objects
permalink   Fri, Jan 23, 2009 @ 5:53 PM
Ooo juicy :) What licence are you distributing the fully mixed tracks on your website under? I couldn’t find it anywhere, nor in the metadata of the mp3s you’ve posted.

Thanks!

permalink   drive on the wayside Fri, Jan 23, 2009 @ 6:11 PM
Oh sorry, Creative Commons Non Commercial. I’m pretty new to this, what can I do to make it more apparent?

Thanks for the reply! Hope you enjoy the stems.

-jeremy