Branching Out Secret Mixter
skip
Home » Forums » Bugs » Podcasts in Itunes no CC License info

Podcasts in Itunes no CC License info

yskyflyer
permalink   Mon, Jan 28, 2008 @ 7:33 PM
The Podcasts available on this site when accessed by iTunes do not contain / show / display CC License info

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of this site at violate the license?

a quick fix could be to put it under “podcast info” or that “i” for each song. Even better would be to use an unused info field if that is at all possible like “Album artist” “grouping” “composer” “Comments” “Genre”

Or even Artwork

But right now it’s joust downloading the songs without ay CC listing info like share alike or non commercial

ex/
http://ccmixter.org/media/p...

Sorry if this was listed already this is my first time visiting this site for a while but I did try several searches to see if this was reported already.
victor
permalink   Mon, Jan 28, 2008 @ 9:23 PM
The license info is in the information we are passing to iTunes, both in the podcast file (rss) and the files (stamped into the ‘copyright’ field of the MP3s).

If there’s another way to do that so that iTunes will not throw the information away I’d be happy to do it.

Thanks
VS

permalink   yskyflyer Mon, Jan 28, 2008 @ 10:02 PM
The files (after going through iTunes) do show the Copyright field when opened with Windows Media player, so the information is not removed.

So I guess it really doesn’t matter. but it may be possible to put it in the composer or album art section.

I actually don’t care ether way, just wanted to point it out.