Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » Features » New Remix Page Details.

New Remix Page Details.

Loveshadow
permalink   Sun, Dec 16, 2007 @ 1:11 PM
I was wondering, and there is possibly a reason, but do we really need to see so much of the mix details of a mix on the new remix page. i.e all the tags and recommend buttons etc there. ?

I say it because there are so many mixes uploaded over a week that it often runs into several pages needing the `more button’ to dig deeper.

It just seems if there were less details then space wise you could see more new mixes listed per page.

Often all you need is the title and mixer name to go listen.

Then when you click the mix it then has all the usual stuff as it does now.
victor
permalink   Sun, Dec 16, 2007 @ 5:45 PM
Yea, I use popup the ‘play this page’ window for when I’m doing review catch up. It is basically the view you’re asking for and when I want to review I click on the title and the main browser window will change to the detail page.

Meanwhile, I have been playing around with different layouts. Here you can see I’ve moved all the ‘big button’ stuff off the listing while still giving people some idea about what to expect.

Like everything else it’s a trade off. The fact is, it’s a no-brainer to make it so you get the ‘playlist view’ as a default if that’s what you want. I’ll put that into the new code tonight.

VS

permalink   victor Sun, Dec 16, 2007 @ 5:47 PM
oh, btw, the link above is very temporary and requires Firefox, don’t even bother in IE or safari.

permalink   Loveshadow Mon, Dec 17, 2007 @ 1:15 PM
That layout is really smart using the avatars gives it a really nice and varied graphic feel.

I take your point on being able to switch and select a view and using the tags but sometimes to a new viewer that ability to select is not obvious.

By the way IE6 brought up the page right away.