Create a Track with the New Songbirds Lyric Library at MixterPlus
skip
Home » Forums » DIY » Cubase v4.1 update bug warning

Cubase v4.1 update bug warning

The.Spirit.Of.Light
permalink   Mon, Nov 19, 2007 @ 5:57 PM
DO NOT UPDATE TO CUBASE version 4.1 (yet)

I just got my project scrapped and made unusable due to a serious fault/bug in it. This affected MANY OTHER USERS. I started working on a new remix for Calendar girl .. then updated the software, a stupid ASIO bug appeared which now prevents the musical project to be loaded due to a certain samplerate/sync problem.
Rolling back to version 4.0.3 won’t solve this problem either because the project is no longer backwards compatible!!!! There is no fix from Steinberg yet and they remain silent on this problem! GOD DAMN!!!!
spinmeister
permalink   Mon, Nov 19, 2007 @ 8:11 PM
ouch - I feel for you, but so far I’ve been more lucky with 4.1.

Have you tried disconnecting your audio interface while loading the project? In theory that may prevent the asio drivers from being loaded and maybe just regular windows audio drivers being loaded. That in turn might give you access to your project?

permalink   The.Spirit.Of.Light Tue, Nov 20, 2007 @ 5:12 AM
unfortunately, the project save was overwritten in v4.1, i can only access it in v4.1 with ASIO Fullduplex mode, which makes it very bulky to extract/export sequences and tracks. I use Creamware Scope v4.5 which concerns the issue (but many other audio cards too), and there are few chances to see a fix for that any time soon.

what sound card you are using?

permalink   spinmeister Tue, Nov 20, 2007 @ 9:55 AM
Quote: -= The Spirit Of Light =-
what sound card you are using?

Presonus Firepod