Watch the Songbirds Event Livestream Replay
skip
Home » Forums » Announcements » Perfect Harmony Remix Event

Perfect Harmony Remix Event

Snowflake
admin
permalink   Sun, Dec 8, 2019 @ 2:21 PM
Perfect Harmony - Holiday Remix Event

With an eye made quiet by the power of harmony, and the deep power of joy, we see into the life of things. -William Wordsworth

Did you know that ccMixter’s holiday albums are some of our most popular releases? Maybe it’s because this time of year is the season of giving — and we freely share our music. Whatever the reason, from Bandcamp to Jamendo and iTunes to Spotify, our Christmas music gets countless seasonal spins from our festive-music seeking fans.

And it’s not just listeners that dig ccMixter holiday music. Content creators love to utilize ccMixter Christmas, Hanukkah, Solstice and other songs of the season in their YouTube videos.

These are just a few of our favorite reasons why we hold remix events every holiday season to celebrate the gift of creation, the gift of sharing and the gift of collaboration.

For this year’s “Perfect Harmony” holiday remix event let’s give our listeners and fellow creatives a gift of celebratory cheer — let’s expand Creative Commons recordings of Public Domain holiday songs! Some of the most widely known songs of the season are in the public domain. Songs like “Jingle Bells” and “Deck The Halls” are open for recording and remixing. So, get those sleigh bell samples and choir tones uploaded, put a yule log on the fire and remix the classics. If ever there was a time for the whole world to sing in Perfect Harmony, it would be now. Let’s join in the chorus!

We’ll focus on recording pells and samples Dec 8-15. Remixes will be emphasized Dec 15 through the New Year, but of course remixes, samples and pells are welcome anytime during this event.

PELLS
SAMPLES
REMIXES

List of Holiday Songs in the Public Domain:
All Through the Night
Angels We Have Heard On High
Auld Lang Syne
Away In The Manger
Deck The Halls
The First Noel
Go Tell It On The Mountain
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
Good King Wenceslas
Hark, The Herald Angels Sing
Here We Come A-Caroling (The Wassail Song)
I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
I Saw Three Ships
In the Bleak of Midwinter
It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
Jingle Bells
Jolly Old St. Nicholas
Joy To The World
O Christmas Tree
O Come All Ye Faithful
O Come O Come Emmanuel
O Holy Night
O Little Town Of Bethlehem
Silent Night
There’s a Song In The Air
Toyland
The Twelve Days of Christmas
Up On The Housetop
The Wassail Song (Here We Come A-Caroling)
We Three Kings
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
What Child Is This?

Is YOUR favorite public domain holiday song missing from this list? Let us know in the comments and we’ll add it!

Original songs about this holiday season are great too. The more, the merrier!

Happy Holidays everyone!
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Mon, Dec 9, 2019 @ 9:21 AM
I’ve uploaded some harmony vocals for Admiral Bob’s version of ”Go Tell It On The Mountain” and I encourage everyone to join the choir for this one. It’s like caroling online.

Other instruments would help a lot too…like harmonica? percussion? Sax? What else can you think of?

permalink   Kara Square Wed, Dec 11, 2019 @ 5:01 AM
Right on, Jason! I added Admiral’s version to the Perfect Harmony pell playlist for easy access. :D

permalink   spinningmerkaba Wed, Dec 11, 2019 @ 6:49 PM
The harmony is building! I wonder who’s next?
Kara Square
permalink   Wed, Dec 11, 2019 @ 5:24 AM
I am SOOOOO looking forward to hearing everyone’s renditions! Something else that’s cool about public domain songs is that it’s a great opportunity for a history lesson! I learned some really cool things about the author of “Up on the Housetop.”🎅🏽🎵🎄
spinningmerkaba
admin
permalink   Sun, Dec 22, 2019 @ 9:16 PM
“People love listening to “’All I Want For Christmas Is You” as soon as the holiday season hits. But that’s not the only reason it’s special”
-from insider magazine twitter page
Check out the video